Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It doesn't really start until FSU/Alabama.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kim Jong Il posted:

Schiano inherited a rebuilding job. His normal season was 8 wins and he wasn't a particularly good coach. That's the norm for a mediocre coach at Rutgers. Frank Burns in the 70s was actually considered a far better coach, he was very competitive when Rutgers did play teams like Tennessee and Alabama in his day.

Not true.

Again, spend five seconds on Google.

Enlighten me about Rutgers run of dominance against good teams.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

I would b shocked if Florida doesn't have a coaching change after this year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LLCoolJD posted:

MacElwain's ceiling is lower than that of a guy named Jimbo. Maybe in a great year he sneaks out with an SEC CG win and into some BCS bowl.

I imagine he'll be gone if they don't make the SEC championship game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, I'm hard on him bc the offense has continued to be awful but he's done a pretty good job rebuilding the lines and I'm not sure we have any idea what his ceiling is.

Let's not forget that once upon a time Jimbo was shat upon as an OC for underachieving in big games w LSUs talent.

I was mostly just trolling Gator fans, because... well, why is water wet? But we all learned Jimbo wasn't the problem at LSU, I think.

Fake edit: All those "TOP TEN COLLEGE RIVALRIES!!!one!" never includes FSU/UF, and that's a fun rivalry. :smith: The Gators also have the Bulldogs, and we have Miami, but we've been each other's most hated rivalries for most people I know since the 90s, at least.

Even if it's divided my family and friends. :ohdear:

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 20, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

You have really bad insights.

I suck at hot takes. :smithcloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real Name Grover posted:

E: Beaten. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since some goon stalked a cheerleader

Wait, what?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wandler20 posted:

This is good.

The FSU one is so bad I refuse to post it.

wtf

Why not just use Renegade?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sash! posted:

As bad as that is, I'm not sure some sort of terrifying horseman is going to make it better

Renegade would be better.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

omfg they used the GLITTER GUYS!?!??????

that's one step down from the renegade pony

Owns. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Louisville goes undefeated, they'll have a resume as good as anybody's. If they drop one of FSU/Clemson, they might need help.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Like Dabo would leave for anybody but Alabama.

Edit: I think he would give a good listen if Florida came calling.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hell, same

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shut up miami

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Hot Take: Florida Teams suck.

hmmm yes, with our many championships and all

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Let me rephrase:

They're going to do bad this year.

What? FSU will likely make at least the Orange Bowl, assuming they don't win the ACC.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

I mean, yeah. You have a bunch of ACC titles, and have done better than us recently.

On the other hand:

p.s. the fact you took it down makes it even worse because you've given up on ever winning a national title.

p.p.s I'll be at Miami-FSU if any of you FSU posters wanna grab a beer.

Holy poo poo, that was a real thing? WTF

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scionix posted:

Jimbo Fisher is going to be beaten to within an inch of his life, live on television, September second,

It's time for the student to become the teacher. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Girls, girls, you're both terrible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I root for FSU always, and a variety of other teams, especially huge underdogs. Nobody in conference or those inbreds in Gainesville, though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kayakyakr posted:

I usually pick a team in each major conference (aside from the Big XII) to root for when the year starts based on various interests or how much I like their coach or something like that.

This year it'll prolly be: UW (pet a dubs), NW (usually), and LSU (I like Dave Aranda). Haven't picked an ACC team, but I'm rooting against Syracuse. Also rooting for SDSU (dunno why, just like SDSU), Tulane (I like Willie Fritz), BGSU (Mike Jinks), and Troy (For some reason I like Neal Brown too?).

Who should I pick in the ACC?

Either FSU or Wake Forest

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah so LDR is legitimately possibly the starter for Michigan.

Until that bit of news came out, I was optimistic.

The fact that he is even competing is a bad bad sign for Zaire and Franks. Like bad.

Uh, the panhandle is basically southern Alabama.

whatever, jorts

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ungratek posted:

Yeah but it also led to a hilarious meltdown by someone about how adopting a mid major team was elitist by major conference programs

It went on for paaaaages

link?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rice and Standord should play every year in the Nerd Bowl.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida A&M wins, hopefully.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

I'm watching every game from Michigan's 1997 national championship season, and the game at Penn State is an incredibly awkward broadcast, for reasons you can assume.

What happened?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

So far, early in the 2nd quarter:

- Charles Woodson scores a wide-open touchdown. Michigan 17-0, ABC immediately cuts to a shot of a stunned Jerry Sandusky. "Jerry Sandusky cannot believe it!"

- At the end of the 1st quarter, a Penn State TE is absolutely trucked near the sidelines. The Michigan player hits him shoulder to collarbone, but both helmets pop back and both guys are knocked out. ABC goes to commercial for the end of the quarter, and returns to a shot of the dazed Penn State guy on the sidelines, as Keith Jackson tells an amusing story about how the player was knocked out, awoke to "say some funny things" and the players and coaches "all had a good laugh making fun of him for getting his bell rung".

- Joe Paterno had his gameplan altered because his quarterback burst into his office to tell him what he saw on film. "And when you have a coach's son at quarterback like Mike McCreary, you've gotta listen to him!"

Just, lots of yikes.

EDIT: Charles Woodson gets another big gain on a long pass play. Cut to a frustrated Jerry Sandusky on the sidelines. "Jerry Sandusky is really going to be mad if Penn State keeps leaving Woodson alone. Don't be fooled folks, he isn't just a mild-mannered gentleman!"

Michigan is crushing Penn State, and ABC is showing Sandusky more than Paterno.

"That man right there, Jerry Sandusky, is not a happy camper with his defense" (cut to a small graphic showing yards gained, keeping the camera on Sandusky)

Jesus. :staredog:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AsInHowe posted:

In the 3rd quarter, a sideline report starts off with "We all know there's so much to admire about Joe Paterno, but one thing I just saw is..." before talking about how Paterno watches film of his opponents. Every possible Paterno praise is fit in, every possible Paterno shot is cut to.

When a sideline report is on Michigan, it's just "I talked to Carr, and..."

It is 31-0 Michigan at this point.

I realized the media idolized Paterno, but I really wasn't expecting anything like this. It's pure adoration, and he's getting his rear end kicked.

They always talked about him like that, and he only won two national titles, and only three Big Ten championships. He's not even one of the greats and they're kissing his rear end. (ignoring the other stuff, since it' hadn't come out yet)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/...ts/ncaafootball

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

I was physically jolted just now remembering that we play Michigan in 6 days and I suddenly got really nervous.

:ohdear:

Same, but 'Bama. :ohdear:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scionix posted:

You're going to die :twisted:

We'll see. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they keep feasting on the soft Big 10 schedule and getting dominated in the offseason, like an Ohio State and Penn State.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

I'm old enough to remember a 4 seed Ohio St beating Bama and Oregon with their third string QB in the 2015 CFP.

Quit living in the past. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JonathonSpectre posted:

I've been talking an unbelievable amount of poo poo about this game because if we lose we have a built-in excuse (Hey we were playing loving Leatherface and family, what do you expect?) while if we win I ALWAYS BELIEVED.

I really do think we'll win but that's because I am naturally optimistic most of the time. I'd like to see Derwin James stake his claim to the Heisman with like 12 tfl and 6 sacks. I know, I know. Very optimistic.

The best possible outcome is we beat them, we both win out, and we beat them again in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

They're gonna beat us to death with the run game fyi go noles but still

There's always hope. :yaycloud:

• Locked thread