Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spintzel posted:

USC #3 above Huskies? :smugjones:

Ehhhhhhhhhh debatable AP

Really?

Didn't USC house Washington?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
------
------
3. USC
4. Penn State
5. Oklahoma
6. Washington
7. Florida State

8-10 grab bag of Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin

edit: you could swap Oklahoma and Penn State, but I wouldn't put Washington ahead of either of these two teams.

Why is Oklahoma at 5 if Ohio State isn't even in that discussion?

I'd run the top ten as such:

Clemson
Alabama
USC
Penn State
Ohio State
Washington
Oklahoma
Florida State
Michigan
Wisconsin

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

Losses don't count for Ohio State.

Same amount of losses as Oklahoma and they crushed Oklahoma? It is that far out of an idea that maybe Oklahoma should be ranked around or behind Ohio State?

Weird.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think everyone can agree the reffing was absolutely atrocious last night. There were times bama's OL flat out tackled defensive players from behind without a holding call. There was blatant pass interference non-call that had Dabo losing his poo poo on the sideline to a ref for a few minutes as well.

About 45 Alabama players should have been tossed for targeting.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

seiferguy posted:

Not surprised USC jumped UW. Toward the end of the season, USC became the better team and probably would have beat UW had they gone to the Pac-12 championship over Colorado.

Considering USC beat them just a few weeks earlier, you're likely right.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

4. Michigan is overrated going into next year. They were a senior-laden team. I'm not sure how you can argue their favorable odds unless Vegas believes Harbaugh is hiding some redshirt freshman or sophomore Andrew Luck type of QB

His name is Brandon Peters.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

swickles posted:

Dayne went to Wisconsin, no one cares about anything done against Big 10 competition.

So we're going to disregard Florida's 2006 title? Sweet

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I love that some of y'all hate Harbaugh so much that every little joke or comment he makes you dive in to dissect and see where you can throw in a dig.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I love that if anyone says anything about that weirdo you come rushing in to protect his E-honor like you are his cousin or something.

I wasn't rushing to defend his honor in that post by any means.... so yanno.

Crotch Bat posted:

You sure? I think it is him. Pretty sure he's yelled at me like 3 times thinking when I post about Harbaugh it's because VT lost that Sugar Bowl and why am I even bothering posting about Michigan because VT isn't a rival.

I've only chimed in about 3 times to make fun of someone doing it.

If it ended up being you all 3 times, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Korranus posted:

Strong visit to Clemson but the kid tweeted he's still a Bama lean

'crutin

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

. Wtf do you do when the team you're hired to train is in their current position in large part because a substantial amount of the team has been seriously blowing off workouts. What do you do with football players who don't want to lift weights and refuse to be held accountable by either teammates or coaches? That's just an absurd situation to be in in the first place. This also cycles back to Helfrich and how tf exactly he let the team get away with so much poo poo

Design workouts to get them where they need to be rather than throwing them to the wolves?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thermos H Christ posted:

If Vilerat can mod D&D there is no good reason why Wheez can't mod TFF

Did they ever tell what caused his passing?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
He has a point, Arkansas is pretty irrelevant.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Shane Morris is transferring to Central Michigan which is pretty cool seeing as how the offensive GA there is Josh Sinagoga who preceded him at Warren De La Salle (He was also 30 times the quarterback at like 1/2 the height).

Morris just needs to be in an offense that runs 4 verts every down.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I can't wait for the NCAA, and perhaps our good friend Greg Sankey, to explain that actually, going on a European trip to visit historical landmarks, orphans, and military servicemen is bad for the children.

considering all sorts of CBB teams do it all of the time during summers

got any sevens posted:

Also it's an advantage in recruiting that not every program can match

The teams that Michigan typically recruits against, can.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 24, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Anals of History posted:

Got a notification that MSU stole a couple of 3*s from Ohio. This is life now, I guess.

One will end up as an All Big Ten selection, it's how things go.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Desmond King was committed to like Miami (OH) or something like that when Iowa flipped him

E: Ball State apparently but whatever, all red teams in the MAC with bird mascots look alike

chirp chirp

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Your worst seasons under Beamer are better than the rock bottom we just hit and we're not in the middle of nowhere like Blacksburg so eh. I don't expect to go back to the playoff any time soon but I have no problem with being a consistently competitive team.

How many assistants has Dantonio lost recently?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vyst posted:

And Sterger did playboy i think

she had her own sports show on Fox Sports, right?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There is a rumor that Devin Asiasi has a serious family issue and may have to transfer closer to home to help out with it. If this is true, a school in California is going to get an absolutely monstrously good tight end for 3 years. Either way, hope everything works out for him.

His grades may not be up to snuff because of this as well.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

the mean lunch lady posted:

Why hasn't Waco been nuked from orbit yet

the ATF tried

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Marching bands are somehow worse than wrestling programs when it comes to hazing and weird poo poo, except without the payoff of being a cool guy that suplexes people.

because those dorks got beat up in high school and need to take their pent up aggression out somewhere

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Curtis Blackwell is the MSU coach that is suspended for potentially covering up some sexual misconduct from MSU kids.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

iospace posted:

It usually is. Ohio State draws all the media, then the other teams get attention, and well, they usually turn into pumpkins come out of conference (bowl) time.

It's tough to win away games vs major conference teams.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

whiteyfats posted:

Holy poo poo. :staredog:

I... wasn't expecting those kinds of stories.

Yeah, it's super scummy poo poo. Parents knowing, but not saying anything because of 'blackballing' is loving awful.

Those parents should be ashamed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm not salty about much involving the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss but them granting immunity to players from rival schools to testify against Ole Miss is bullshit.

y'all snitchin

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

If he couldn't get on the field during those Miami years, you probably didn't want to know about him anyway.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Yeah, that's on you then Pakled.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lane Kiffin owns

hell yeah

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Thoguh posted:

March Matness is upon us, come post about wrestling in SAS

Here's the current Intermat top 25 to help you decide if you should care

25. Rutgers

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/842171815204028416

Rutgers is ranked.. this list in invalid.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I'm sure dude is a great athlete but that feels very FloridaWeightRoomWall.jpg

Anyway we only need 14 points either way so it's fine

Look at the rest of their numbers, the fastest RB ran a 4.64. So it may be or it may not be.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Then Gary is stupidly fast and you have an enormous problem at RB.

I dunno, the guy who ran it averaged like 7 YPC last year. And it's Chris Evans and he is.. not slow.

I'm really not worried about that position.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 17, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Alaois posted:

so you're saying Michigan is just super bad at hand-timing 40s

most likely

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
People put that poo poo up for 'intimidation' or whatever, I could see Harbaugh slowing down his offense so people don't expect it?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Shazier is fast AF

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Sash! posted:

I know I'd much rather watch some oddballs like New Mexico State wander on in for a loss than Akron or Kent State for the 30th time in the last 35 years.

A decade back, I remember getting very excited for Oregon State coming to State College, just because of the novelty.

Are we sure these oddballs will lose at MSU?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ehud posted:

I agree w/ you

people who put ranch on everything and constantly do marketing for ranch are the worst

"You can put it on pizza! I dip my fries in it! I'm a fat idiot!!"

#midwest

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vyst posted:

How is this not barbeque? Do you even know what the definition of bbq is?

No poo poo - smoked fish is great.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

lamentable dustman posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of early signing periods but lover everything else.

Other changes:

- No more Individuals Associated With Prospects jobs : Means a school can't hire a parent, guardian or HS Coach into an admin job anymore to try and sign a kid. Has to be a 2 year waiting period. Schools can hire HS coaches into full assistant coach positions still. BBall has had this rule for a while now.

This is pretty stupid.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

lamentable dustman posted:

The camp tours were being used as glorified tryouts unless you really believe UM went to Australia to teach kicking techniques.

Maybe, but Harbaugh is one of those guys who lives and breathes football. I'm sure he was pretty happy to teach the game and expand its reach.

Also - it was banned because coaches in the south can be lazier and still pull in recruits. Don't think the ban had anything to do besides helping protect southern talent going to southern schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
We're gonna see Brandon Peters start over Wilton Speight by the end of they year. That should be interesting.

• Locked thread