Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably busy taking notes.

ahahhahaha

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Is this college or NFL or both?

Jim Harbaugh wrote Colin Kaepernick's entry for the 2017 Time's Top 100 Most Influential People

http://time.com/collection/2017-time-100/4736257/colin-kaepernick/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

quote:

Colin Kaepernick
By

Colin Kaepernick was alone in his early protests last year when he boldly and courageously confronted perceived inequalities in our social-justice system by refusing to stand for the national anthem. At times in our nation's history, we have been all too quick to judge and oppose our fellow Americans for exercising their First Amendment right to address things they believe unjust.

Rather than besmirch their character, we must celebrate their act. For we cannot pioneer and invent if we are fearful of deviating from the norm, damaging our public perception or—most important—harming our own personal interests.

I thank Colin for all he has contributed to the game of football as an outstanding player and trusted teammate. I also applaud Colin for the courage he has demonstrated in exercising his guaranteed right of free speech. His willingness to take a position at personal cost is now part of our American story.

How lucky for us all and for our country to have among our citizens someone as remarkable as Colin Kaepernick.

Harbaugh, who coached Kaepernick in the NFL from 2011 to 2014, is the head football coach at the University of Michigan

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Man, they really avoid Athens, Miami, and Happy Valley like the plague.

All places where I wouldn't mind a plague hitting.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah we got Stricklin from Miss St.

As with all things, the motivation for ending those Miami games involved money. With a neutral site UGA game, UAA didn't want to give up more revenue on the non-FSU OOC games--so they tend to gravitate exclusively to cupcake home games. There have been exceptions, but the argument has alway been that splitting revenue yearly with UGA made it undesirable.

I'm glad we picked up Michigan but I'm sure I'll be disappointed when we get dismantled by an milk-chugging idiot savant again.

I'd like us to reup with Miami for a yearly series. It's too perfect with two historically good instate rivals.

Your coach should gently caress a shark for each win he wants this year.

E: Florida should be favored in the game, I believe. Starting 10 new defenders, 3 new O-Linemen, 2 new WRs, new TE, new RB... That's pretty rough.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Sash! posted:

The Big Ten already has a quarter of the top 50 media markets:

#3 Chicago, IL
#4 Philadelphia, PA
#8 Washington, DC
#15 Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
#18 Cleveland Akron Canton, OH
#23 Pittsburgh, PA
#26 Indianapolis, IN
#27 Baltimore, MD
#32 Columbus, OH
#34 Milwaukee, WI
#35 Cincinnati, OH
#39 Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, MI
#43 Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA

And the states of Iowa, Nebraska, and New Jersey.

Where the hell do you pick next? The Big Ten would have to go beyond media market because they already won that race, unless they inexplicably get a Florida or Texas school and run up the score. Or go for Syracuse to actually get NYC, but....eh?

Detroit is at #13...

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Arrest Warrants signed for MSU players, Donnie Corley, Josh King, and Demetric Vance. Charged with Sexual Assault.

Details look really bad

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/06/michigan_states_donnie_corley_1.html

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Even before this current incident MSU under Dantonio has had a history of being extremely lax when it came to player discipline stuff. The one that jumps out to me because Iowa was involved is Chris Rucker almost literally going straight from jail back to the field without any sort of suspension (which resulted in a blowout loss that is one of the few times I can remember Ferentz actively trying to run up the score), but there are bunch of others

Winston went from jail to the starting lineup after essentially paralyzing that kid. A kid transferred to Houston after MSU didn't tell them about some sexual assault stuff (I think it was that).

To be fair, those instances have lessened quite a bit recently due to better talent coming in and not having to take a lot of character concern kids on. I don't think anyone saw this from the trio that was just popped. Austin Robertson though? That wasn't surprising.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

iospace posted:

I think the MSU stuff is primarily due to the public backlash against Baylor (and PSU, natch), not to mention the other scandal.

Eh - 5 sexual assault issues in a year is a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Iowa is cool though

Nah man

• Locked thread