Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Hahaha. Penn State loses on a last second field goal to the #3 team and is still ranked behind Ohio State, which got blown the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

Really?

Didn't USC house Washington?

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
------
------
3. USC
4. Penn State
5. Oklahoma
6. Washington
7. Florida State

8-10 grab bag of Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin

edit: you could swap Oklahoma and Penn State, but I wouldn't put Washington ahead of either of these two teams.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Washington will win the North then lose by 50 to Darnold

Did you watch Ohio St to close out the season? Barrett had no ability to throw a football

That was not a top 5 team

This is my rationale as well. Teams can get better or worse as the year goes on. Oklahoma would beat Ohio State if they played in a bowl game.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

4. Washington
5. USC

GTFO, coaches

in the same vein:

6. Ohio State
7. Penn State

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Tom Herman is a good hire, but not many teams get turned around that fast.

My take on the odds:

1. The fact that Alabama is given a 25% chance to win the championship every year is really bad for the sport at large.
2. Vegas has a lot of respect for Coach O, but it appears they still view Penn State as a fluke. USC and Penn State are both young and pretty equal teams, but I would guess that USC's odds are so favorable because Vegas does not see any competition for them in the PAC. The implication is that USC is a near-lock on getting into the playoffs and Penn State still has to fight its way through Ohio State and Michigan
3. I wonder what Ohio State's odds would be without Kevin Wilson?
4. Michigan is overrated going into next year. They were a senior-laden team. I'm not sure how you can argue their favorable odds unless Vegas believes Harbaugh is hiding some redshirt freshman or sophomore Andrew Luck type of QB

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Penn State lost one more game than Ohio State. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

USC lost one more game than Washington. Are you seriously going to argue that UW is a better team, right now, than USC?

Komet fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 10, 2017

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Jim Harbaugh is weird and unable to see the line between appropriate and inappropriate social behavior. Michigan fans should just accept this and embrace their coach for who he is. It's not like he's a terrible person and covered up a rape scandal. He's just an eccentric with an childish temper.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Not quite football related per se, but Jay and Sue Paterno are running for Penn State Board of Trustees. I wish the Paternos would just gently caress off

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Wasn't it alleged that Jerry Sandusky had also raped his adopted son?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Our fat kicker is fat because he really has a problem :(

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/penn-states-joey-julius-leaves-school-team-to-seek-treatment-for-eating-disorder/

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Wow, that's pretty sudden. Not Spurrier sudden, but still.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State is going to roll out some throwback jerseys for the Indiana game

https://twitter.com/OnwardState/status/875411543441240064

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Frinkahedron posted:

Penn State's uniform has changed.... ever?

A stripe here a helmet number there

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State's fat kicker has left the team :(

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I clicked on this thread and all I got was Forrest Gump.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

UVA's campus is the only UNESCO World Heritage site, so it wins by default

Also, I'm not sure how Ohio State is so high. I guess everyone assumes Kevin Wilson is going to turn around their hideously inept offense from last season and JT Barrett is salvageable.

Komet fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 21, 2017

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

College football is so close, I can't wait

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ungratek posted:

That's for the best

I can't remember the last time I gave a poo poo at the start of the season

I thought Bronco Mendenhall would be a good hire for them. There's still time to turn things around, but it doesn't look very good at the moment.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Virginia and William & Mary might be close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

App State will forever be awesome for beating Michigan.

• Locked thread