Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I seem to remember Notre Dame lost to Texas in part because they got called for a pick play, and then Alabama loses to Clemson because of a pick play.

So pick plays are cool when it means teams that I want to lose do indeed lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

I love that some of y'all hate Harbaugh so much that every little joke or comment he makes you dive in to dissect and see where you can throw in a dig.

he is a weird dude and thats ok

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/MARTIN_MIAMI_HC/status/819634212475207680

Miami (no, the other one) finally has some up-to-date facilities. They look rad.

So this is probably just me be grumpy about the CFB arms race, but how could anyone look at that and go "yeah but they just need 10 waterfalls with the school logo projected on them"

Those locker-rooms are rad, the barbershop is cool, the weight room looks awesome. What more do you need?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A marinated steak of some sort is also a top tier option if you want to use it for sandwiches. Break down that protein and go to town.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

egg over easy on a bagel with a bit of cream cheese and some hot sauce or sriracha is my go to breakfast

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Harbaugh is a member of the quiverfull movement

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I responded to you for making 4-5 posts in a row over the offseason that criticized Harbaugh for doing absolutely normal things. It was really weird. "Can you guys believe this lunatic said that he likes to eat bacon for breakfast? lol, Michigan! Am I right?" (Also, the slight difference with Gendo's site was that the coach he was mocking was the coach of the program he roots for. Makes a little more sense!)

But I have come to realize that it was not just some weird trolling, rather nearly everyone on this forum has a strange visceral reaction to everything Harbaugh does. And I get it, he yells a lot, he says weird things, he complains too much, it's like Charlie Weis being really fat, easy target for everyone.

So go for it man, make as many posts on the issue as your heart desires. Here, I'll tee you up for one: Just the other day Jim Harbaugh's wife had their 7th child! Who the hell has 7 children anymore, especially at the age of 53. Is he a secret religious fanatic?

yeah but he drank milk from a wineglass while eating at a nice steakhouse

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

he didn't even pay that much from the steak because the steakhouse did some thing where there was a discount based off the difference in points that Michigan scored against another team or something like that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

This doesn't seem wise, but I can't put my finger on why.

something about red light districts and prostitution?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So this is shamelessly copied from Reddit, but we have had a full on 128 team circle of suck his season:

Johnnycockseed from Reddit posted:

The asterisk is that Fresno State's only win was against an FCS team, so there's a chain of FCS teams necessary to keep the chain going. I broke the chain into several groups corresponding very roughly with conference affiliation in order to aid readability. To preemptively answer the inevitable question... this took me hours. More than I'd like to admit.

Clemson> Alabama> Washington> Colorado> WSU> Stanford> UCLA> Oregon State> Oregon> ASU> Cal> Utah> USC> Penn State> Ohio State> Michigan> Wisconsin> WMU>
Toledo> Arkansas State> Troy> App State> Idaho> New Mexico State> ULL> Texas State> Ohio> Miami (OH)> Bowling Green> Akron> Kent State> Central Michigan> Northern Illinois> Eastern Michigan> Ball State> Georgia State> Georgia Southern> ULM> South Alabama>
San Diego State> UNLV> Wyoming> Boise State> BYU> Arizona> Hawaii> Air Force> Colorado State> Utah State> Fresno State
Sacramento State>Montana State>Montana>Northern Iowa>
Iowa State> Texas Tech> Kansas> Texas> Baylor> Oklahoma State> WVU> Kansas State>
FAU> Rice> UTEP> UTSA> North Texas> Marshall> Middle Tennessee> Louisiana Tech> WKU> Old Dominion> UMass> FIU> Charlotte> USM>
Kentucky> Louisville> Florida State> Ole Miss> Georgia> Auburn> Arkansas> Florida> LSU> Mississippi State> Texas A&M> South Carolina> Missouri> Vanderbilt> Tennessee>
Nebraska> Northwestern> Iowa> Minnesota> Rutgers> New Mexico> San Jose State> Nevada> Buffalo> Army> Temple> USF> Navy> Tulsa> Memphis> Houston> Oklahoma> TCU> SMU> ECU>
NC State> Syracuse> Boston College> Wake Forest> Indiana> Maryland> UCF> Tulane> UConn> Cincinnati> Purdue> Illinois> Michigan State> Notre Dame> Miami (FL)> Virginia> Duke> UNC> Georgia Tech> Virginia Tech> Pitt> Clemson

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

They suspended the Oregon S&C coach a month without pay. Seems like a fair punishment to me.

Yeah I came to post this. I think it shows that they are taking it seriously.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Does anything good ever happen in Waco?

lots and lots of shiplap

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

of all the HGTV DIY style shows, Fixer Upper is the least bad but that isn't exactly a high bar to cross.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

Dr. Pepper is a quality drink.

Its no Cheerwine

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Congratulations, man. Hey listen, do you think you can you have another child the Friday before the Super Bowl, this might be the beginning of a lucky ritual

I'll ask the wife about it, see what she says.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Congrats, he is destined to enjoy many infuriatingly futile seasons that still contain an inexplicable victory over Auburn.

Its the small things in life, at least.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kiffin putting the dagger in Bama's side for his new boss is awesome.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

swickles posted:

I have a six year old niece who is obsessed with football but also the mascots, both pro and college. You can give her like any team, even some obscure FCS team and she will know the mascot.

this seems like something jim harbaugh could do too. take that for what you will

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Just stared watching Last Chance U (FINALLY!) and man so far I feel terrible for the academic assistant, and I bet I will feel bad for her the whole time through.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So in Last Chance U, when one of the recruiters asks what he can do to get one of the kids to come play for them and the kid literally says "there's cameras" thats like, well duh he is going to ask for money and once the coach says they play by NCAA rules, you couldn't be any more sure the player was going to ask for money and they coach probably has been down for it in the past.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vyst posted:

Everyone has bag men. Some bags are bigger than others

I just meant that it was so obvious. I mean, do what you do and get paid and all, but drat man.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vyst posted:

That whole series was less about the kids and more about how hosed up the system is and the lovely human being that coach was

Yeah I dont like anyone except the academic advisor and she should be getting paid millions a year for what she probably has to deal with from all sides.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Had a question about ESPN and didn't really know where to post it. I'm looking at switching cable/internet providers and found a deal that nets me ESPN/ESPN2 but none of the extra channels, namely SEC Network. If I log into my account in the ESPN app, will I have access to SEC Network and the other channels there?

generally you have to log in to a portal with your providers information, so my guess is that it'll pull your restrictions from there.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

seemingly not the NCAA, which is fine and good.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Notre Dame was actually really, really good last year they just happened to run into 8 amazing teams. It was really bad luck is all.

look at these alt facts right here.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Incoherence posted:

I'm not sure why, though. Rice is going to get flattened (just like this year), and has a small fanbase that will neither draw a bunch of local alumni nor draw a bunch of traveling alumni. I guess Rice thinks they'll get a chance at name recognition for Australian students in the process of being flattened by a superior football team (and academic institution, for the most part)?

Also this was going to be a Rice home game, so that's one less opportunity for the MOB to make fun of the only other scatter-band school we're likely to play.

yeah but wasn't there that one time their band owned TA&M by insulting Reveille being dead or something? Rice will always own after that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crosspost from the bad tattoo thread:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Is there some rule that you can't have a terrible tattoo without adding in some egregious spelling errors?

I would make the joke about the quality of an Alabama public school education, but I have a feeling that the owner of this fine tattoo probably didn't make it too far along in that regard.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/GatorSinceDay1/status/827933975788285952

lane is a national treasure.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

According to internet rumors which are too good not to post, Michigan State linebacker Jon Resckhe may have been kicked off the team, after his teammates voted to do so. Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

what a planet

Somewhere, Mark Burnett gets an idea for the next season of Survivor

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chieves posted:

I guess illegal sex between two consenting adults is a step up?

Except those who are victims of human trafficking and all.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scionix posted:

my playbook consists of:

HB dive, off-guard
HB stretch
HB counter tre
Toss Sweep
Quick Slants
Sideline Hitch Routes
Play action verts
TE seam route
That one play with the deep post with the wheel route behind it

national champions 2018

don't forget the nastiest of all, RB wheel route.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

All Wheel Route Offense

sounds like something i would do in madden or nfl blitz

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Three Michigan State players and a coach suspended, due to a Title IX sexual assault investigation.

Sounds terrible but hopefully Sparty handles it as best as it can and don't pull a Baylor about it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wasn't there that smaller college band that got drilled because they were doing some insane hazing?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

iospace posted:

The sov citizen method.

AM I BEING DETAINED

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

For those that don't read the coaching carrousel thread, Snyder has throat cancer and has been going through treatment. At this time he doesn't seem to want to step down, stating that it will not have any effect on his job. I think the dude is a hero and this is as good of a time as any to step back, but he knows better what he feels he can and can't do

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Not football related but topical with other MSU stuff, but apparently they suspended a band director for sexually harassing a student and they also had their gymnastics coach "resign" after a lawsuit also about sexual assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

That right there is enough to make Atlanta take him in the first round.

Holy moly so true it hurts

• Locked thread