Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

LSU is still too scared to play Tulane in the game they owe them in New Orleans. Sad!

They were killing our SoS so we had to drop them and pick up an FCS opponent to fix it.

vyst posted:

LSU is also the only team to get their asses handed to them in a road game in their own stadium really making it a home game because they were too much of a pussy to come to a mutual understanding with Florida

Congratulations on squeaking out a win over a bad LSU team to earn the right to get embarrassed by Alabama. I'm certain you can ride that momentum to another season of offensive embarrassment and, hell, maybe another SEC championship embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cnidario posted:

Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

Honestly A&M's inexplicable inability to win against LSU has been main consolation for having to watch the late Les Miles offense.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Spacebump posted:

That'd be a good burn if LSU didn't schedule teams Tulane beats or could hire a better coach than Tulane.

LSU could roll out a ham sandwich as head coach and still beat Tulane, which they basically did through the 80s and 90s.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

vyst posted:

Don't be mad because your pussy AD is a human piece of poo poo

That seems like a pretty good reason to be mad though?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

TBeats posted:

Lotta salt in this post.

Unfriendly rivalry in my sports?! Well I never!

I'm mad that our stupid, shithead AD gave Florida two home games in a row in exchange for playing at LSU this year in a game that didn't matter in a season that was already pretty much over. I feel better about this only because we've been able to beat Florida at home in recent history and also because even if we beat them we will still lose the west to Alabama, and they will still lose the SEC championship to Alabama, so we're all just trying to polish the same turd anyway.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

instead we're at the point where when they eventually win one they're going to go apeshit and beat their chests over it for weeks.

Sure, and this is what they should do, because it's the thing most likely to make VT fans real mad. When you beat your rivals you should rub it in mercilessly, and when they beat you you should let them know that your team was bad and you expected nothing different and they should feel bad about feeling so good about beating a bad team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

You'll find that cult of personality with any successful coach on any level. Art Briles isn't even that good of a head coach and Baylor wanted to ignore a laundry list of hosed up poo poo. I can't begin to imagine what Beamer or Bowden could have gotten away with if they had some big scandal.

There will always be some lovely fans, but I don't think all fanbases would react identically to that sort of thing, and more importantly, all coaches aren't amoral rape apologists.

Also, Briles is a really drat good coach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Sash! posted:

West Virginia was a slave state too.

So was Delaware, that don't make them SEC.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lol, no.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

That guy who has won a bunch of championships across two different teams? Nothing special, imo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Plus recruiter, good defensive coach, at schools that are already predispositioned to win national titles.

I mean, poo poo, Les Miles won a national championship with LSU.

He's a very good defensive coach. And there are a lot of schools (Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida) that are "pre-dispositioned" to win national titles based on natural advantages, and yet manage to spectacularly underperform routinely under a variety of coaches. LSU wasn't on a long streak of success when Saban got there. He's an exceptional college head coach, which encompasses a lot of disciplines beyond Xs and Os coaching, but he's also a very good Xs and Os defensive coach. Out of the crop of recent National Championship winner's I'd say he's more involved in X's and O's coaching than Urban or Dabo, who are also, get this, exceptionally good coaches.

Saying "he runs really basic Offenses and Defenses" like it's a knock on his coaching ability is dumb. Ensuring consistency from game to game is probably the hardest thing for a college head coach and only the truly great ones can field consistent teams. Complicated schemes and playbooks don't benefit anyone. Chip Kelly's offense had like five plays in it, but it worked really really well because his players executed consistently.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Urbz is like the closest thing to a Beamer disciple you'll see. Dude visited Beamer virtually every offseason for the longest time, really bought into what Beamer preached about STs (most of the country bought in to some extent but Meyer was really about it). He and Beamer seemed to share a unique relationship from what I saw, always a lot of praise and respect from Meyer to Beamer even going beyond coach-speak stuff.

"I want to be the head coach, and I want to run special teams. I want to be the game manager and the motivator," Meyer said. "I'm very involved in the offense, but I try to hire the best possible guys I can to coordinate, because coordinating the offense isn't calling a play. That's the misunderstanding."

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Randaconda posted:

How did Auburn fall off so fast after their run a few years back?

Same reason as A&M, inability to find a QB capable of running the offense worth a drat.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jordanis posted:

Now hold on, did you forget about 2012 Notre Dame?

2007 LSU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

The SCAR one happened really early too so I wasn't totally clear that it had really hosed them until at the end of the season when they went on a tear, SCAR fell apart, and everyone else kept loving up. That might have been Richt's best shot at a title.

They were a few yards and one dumb play by a receiver from playing for one in 2012 that I'm fairly confident they would have won.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Raku posted:

Remember when Pat white talked poo poo about Derrick Henry's charger

As if it's hard to obtain financing for a lovely car

There was an argument a while ago in the NCAA thread where some posters came down on the side of "black kid with a well maintained newish car must be getting impermissible benefits" so it's the hot takes also come inside the thread.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I'm still mad that we could have had Spurrier at LSU and missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

I do not have this power anymore and am very much on the record that love is extremely dope and much cooler than football

What about the greatest love of all, love of football, and more specifically, the greatest love of the greatest football, SEC football?

• Locked thread