Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quandary posted:

This is a top five sad post of all time

I didn't keep in touch with any friends from high school or college so I've only been to three weddings ever.

2 Great, 1 poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cnidario posted:

Weddings have become an arms race. I've been seeing more and more wedding parties consisting of 10, 12, 15 bridesmaids and nothing else can explain this

at my girlfriend's sisters' wedding, the groom has twice as many grooms men as the bride has bridesmaids.

he just loved his frat so much

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Camp/Training/Charity event pics coming out, soooo close to football

The dude on the left is 17

Where is this?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That is a LUSH mullet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nick is barely halfway on that squat.

Also lol spotting in the safety rack.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Mississippi needs Lane Kiffin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcMAYXxuY8

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

I would have gotten chuck tingle to do the cover but thats just me

https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/883520746005434373

Should we hire someone to do the cover?

nah, we can just do it in mspaint

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

I'll once again quote from my most favorite column ever from the BCS era written by Al Neuharth of all people:

Because I'm a terrible college football fan, I would email Al every week after that Sugar Bowl for about half a year telling him how my watch party sucked because the opponent was so terrible, but never received a response. And I never will, seeing how he's dead.

Georgia was probably the second or third best team in the country that year.

the UGA Hawaii game should have been stopped after the first quarter.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042C1b0wGSo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Forrest Gump took all the Oscars The Shawshank Redemption should have won. Except for Speed. Speed won best sound mixing Academy Award over The Shawshank Redemption. Yes, you read that right, Speed has an Oscar and The Shawshank Redemption does not.

Best sound mixing is the oscar they always give out to keep movies from breaking records.

like the year two towers won everything pretty sure master and commander got sound mixing or editing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ack that's what i meant

related to lotr, one uruk has killed me so many times on shadow of mordor im pretty sure's strong enough to kill sauron

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We know at least Gump's son had AIDs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol uga ranked above georgia tech and app state, two teams they'll lose to this year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Randaconda posted:

Well, it's the only NC college player I can name off the top of my head.

Like...in football, basketball, or both?

College or high school?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/university-of-georgia-students-can-choose-grades-in-stress-reduction-policy

A University of Georgia professor is allowing students to choose their own grade if it causes them stress.

Hoooo boy

i mean they're business courses so its not like daddy isn't paying for the grades anyway

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

After the first campus carry bill passed (the one that eventually got vetoed), I spoke with an old GT professor of mine who said that he legitimately feared for his life because of how often crying, emotionally distraught students came to his office hours and was strongly considering changing the way his office hours worked so they're in a public location.

Does the law let you open carry your hattori hanzo steel?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fantasy announcers from the Jags - whoever game in london from a couple years ago

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I honestly see us coming out flat as poo poo against GT and fighting back but ultimately losing. I can feel it in my bones that we lose that first game. Butch's seat will be roasting if we do.

I'll be at the game.

For my getting sex sake I hope GT wins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

Tomorrow morning, Georgia Tech is officially announcing an apparel deal with Adidas. Goodbye, Russell, nobody's sad to see you go.

You gonna be at the mercedes dome to watch them get gifted a game by Tennessee?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DJExile posted:

Well yeah it's a big "if", and they're in a brutal division to have to play FSU and Clemson every year.

They could have easily beat Clemson last year.

I think they just scored again against FSU.

Neither FSU or Clemson is going to be as good this year, UNC is trash, and their out of conference schedule is a joke.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

VT was 20 yards from tying Clemson, Pitt did beat them.

That's my point. Clemson needed a miracle to beat NC State.

They had the game of their lives against Alabama after a warm up game against a trash OSU team.

Louisville will be fine.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gatech's year imo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

You get guys like Larry Coker or (in basketball) Tubby Smith who will not get much credit for inheriting a behemoth program and then winning with it. But overall Chizik is hard to top as the least successful head coach to win a championship.
I dunno, Coker might be worse.

That Auburn team really only had like 2 or 3 good players on it. Sure one of those players was Cam, but there had to be some actual coaching to get out of the SEC.

Coker had a NFL All Pro team in the old big east. I still remember several networks cutting into the BC game because the golden eagles were somehow still in the game, behind brian st. pierre and and future william "i dont know how i was stabbed ten times, officer" green.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

I went to college with a guy that played high school ball with Peyton Hillis and he swears he's essentially retarded.

#justhogthings

Jerius Norwood was illiterate when he left college

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Warbird posted:

App State's cool though.

God drat right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

If UGA beats Notre Dame, can we say UGA is back until they get blanked out by South Carolina or lose to Tennessee on a safety or something dumb like that?

UGA isn't getting past App State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Interim coach Detroit_Dogg is gonna shock the world

all oklahoma drill, all the time

• Locked thread