Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Emron posted:

Part of allowing those 31 points is allowing your defense to be on the field for 90+ plays against one of the best offenses in college football. If you don't possess, your defense gets tired. It's not on the qb, it's on the playcalling for the entire second half, which went:

-run for three to four yards
-long pass
-long pass
-punt

Even the best defense is going to have trouble if they're only off the field a few minutes at a time for an entire half

I'm going to allow you this excuse, but please note that us Auburn fans are going to need it back when you're done with it, it's our favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Emron posted:

('Bama was bad at 3rd downs)

Dude, I know. Did you watch Auburn play this year? Once our balsa-wood and duct-tape QB went down, we were a 3-and-out machine.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Emron posted:

I have to be honest, man, I'm not really clear on the point you're trying to make. Are you saying Hurts is at fault? The defense? I don't know. Here is a set of things that are true: bama's defense got beat at a critical time, bama's offense couldn't consistently produce and survived off a few big broken plays, and Clemson played consistently well on both sides of the ball. Sorry if that offends

All I'm saying really is that "the defense can't play well when the offense keeps going three-and-out" is exactly what Auburn fans have been complaining about for years, so it's strange hearing it from someone else for a change. I ain't mad at ya.

• Locked thread