Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

gg no re

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

With their insane NFL death juggernaut players at every position, why the heck can't Saban get a quarterback?

He only really struggles in passing and he has a few years to sort that out. He executes the zone read well as a true freshman which is honestly great. Also we just signed a guy named Tua Tagovailoa who is apparently a stud

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

TBeats posted:

31 points should be enough to win when you have the best defense in college football. This isn't on the freshman qb at all.

Part of allowing those 31 points is allowing your defense to be on the field for 90+ plays against one of the best offenses in college football. If you don't possess, your defense gets tired. It's not on the qb, it's on the playcalling for the entire second half, which went:

-run for three to four yards
-long pass
-long pass
-punt

Even the best defense is going to have trouble if they're only off the field a few minutes at a time for an entire half

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Shoulda run the dang ball

:agreed:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think everyone can agree the reffing was absolutely atrocious last night. There were times bama's OL flat out tackled defensive players from behind without a holding call. There was blatant pass interference non-call that had Dabo losing his poo poo on the sideline to a ref for a few minutes as well.

There were no-calls for both teams that were pretty eyebrow raising. I said last night I felt like the crew was trying to avoid making calls for whatever reason. The thread focused on the no-calls in bama's favor because it's college football and that's how it works, but the officiating crew was really letting a ton of poo poo go.

That's why I don't see any value in focusing on the picks Clemson ran. If you know they're not calling it, then effectively you know it's not a penalty and you need to defend it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

You see penalties on those picks so infrequently. I assume they're happening all the time.

I agree. It's firmly in the RPO lineman downfield, borderline holding camp of penalties. Could be called but probably won't most times, especially not on a winning play in the NCG

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Basically I see complaining about a pick as the same thing as going "they're not gonna call holding on that?" on every single play an opponent runs. It's dumb and I'm not going to do it. Clemson outplayed bama and deserves the W

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

we run pick plays all the loving time im not mad about them running a pick play im mad that we refuse to call defensive timeouts when we are clearly getting gashed

as soon as that PI got called that put the ball on the 2 or w/e i knew they were running the pick play. like just call a loving timeout and make sure you cover it

Honestly could have used one right after the first long pass on that drive, why not

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

15 of alabama's 17 drives lasted 2 minutes or less.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Wylie posted:

I'm going to allow you this excuse, but please note that us Auburn fans are going to need it back when you're done with it, it's our favorite.

Emron posted:

15 of alabama's 17 drives lasted 2 minutes or less.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Wylie posted:

Dude, I know. Did you watch Auburn play this year? Once our balsa-wood and duct-tape QB went down, we were a 3-and-out machine.

I have to be honest, man, I'm not really clear on the point you're trying to make. Are you saying Hurts is at fault? The defense? I don't know. Here is a set of things that are true: bama's defense got beat at a critical time, bama's offense couldn't consistently produce and survived off a few big broken plays, and Clemson played consistently well on both sides of the ball. Sorry if that offends

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Wylie posted:

All I'm saying really is that "the defense can't play well when the offense keeps going three-and-out" is exactly what Auburn fans have been complaining about for years, so it's strange hearing it from someone else for a change. I ain't mad at ya.

I've always agreed with it! That's been bama's gameplay for a few years: smother the offense and get the defense tired, let your RB run for 150 in the second half (though in this case it was let Mike Williams run deep routes lol)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

big money big clit posted:

If Bama is going to have a bunch of 90 second drives they should at have at least hired Chip Kelly and made them entertaining 90 second drives.

I think he'll be available soon...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

big money big clit posted:

He's been available for week or so.

HIRE CHIP KELLY NICK

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I can say with total confidence that this, unquestionably, is me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I will never apologize for hating Harbaugh, Meyer, and Bielema, you hear me? Never.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

You're absolutely right, he is a good one. My mistake. Sometimes I get Michigan Men on the brain and boy I can't stop.

Buddy, same.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I hate Bert because he's a piece of poo poo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This has to be record timing for a transition from the end of the season to food arguments

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Step 1: make sausage gravy from scratch
Step 2: bake some biscuits
Step 3: fry an egg over easy
Step 4: put the egg on the biscuit
Step 5: put the gravy over the egg

Now you're eatin Pig In A Hat, baby!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I responded to you for making 4-5 posts in a row over the offseason that criticized Harbaugh for doing absolutely normal things. It was really weird. "Can you guys believe this lunatic said that he likes to eat bacon for breakfast? lol, Michigan! Am I right?" (Also, the slight difference with Gendo's site was that the coach he was mocking was the coach of the program he roots for. Makes a little more sense!)

But I have come to realize that it was not just some weird trolling, rather nearly everyone on this forum has a strange visceral reaction to everything Harbaugh does. And I get it, he yells a lot, he says weird things, he complains too much, it's like Charlie Weis being really fat, easy target for everyone.

So go for it man, make as many posts on the issue as your heart desires. Here, I'll tee you up for one: Just the other day Jim Harbaugh's wife had their 7th child! Who the hell has 7 children anymore, especially at the age of 53. Is he a secret religious fanatic?

I can't imagine how awful it must be to have TFF to dislike your team and/or coach. It must be unbearable. You have my deepest condolences.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

I like Harbaugh

I do too. He's a weird, beautiful football clown.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is me crossing the aisle to say that this is a good thing to do

Pig In a Hat is a uniting force in these troubled times.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Uncomfortable embraces are a thing all programs should avoid in light of recent years

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rhabdomyolysis? I barely even KNOW myolysis!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Most of the people getting rhabdo in crossfit afaik are newer, untrained, out of shape people who are trying to keep up with people who are in shape and train regularly. Having more muscle mass and better adaptations for endurance is absolutely going to lower an individuals chances of getting rhabdo.

That said I 110% agree that this situation is loving ridiculous for the UO to go through on like 15 different levels and it's loving criminal that the S&C has been so mismanaged and poorly run. I've also been here bitching about garbage Oregon S&C for about a year now, so this is my dumb pet peeve.

Hey man. Do you do crossfit. It's ok if you do. Inquiring minds want to know.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I know exactly one person who ever did crossfit, and they were in incredible shape. Until they got rhabdo. So according to my highly scientific study, 100% of crossfit people get rhabdo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noctone posted:

100% percent of crossfit people deserve rhabdo, at least

If you think about it, leaving a period off the end is like kipping a post

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

It's because they already bought a house and the "others" are professionally matched to their wants and often aren't on sale.

This is salacious libel against the good name of HGTV. How dare you sir

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Make me mod in a peaceful transition of power

I won't pay attention to things and will largely do nothing but change thread titles

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Make 👏 me 👏 mod 👏 but 👏 without 👏 actual 👏 responsibility 👏

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Coco13 posted:

the lane kiffin story

I'll call probations from the sidelines

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's okay. I like airports, actually

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kiffin is bad and illegal again

Piss on you lane kiffin

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

What the gently caress

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

Is that more than usual for Coach O

lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

Explains why he looked like rear end in that video

You are what you eat

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sarkisian is out. Hire Chip Kelly. Hire him now, Nick.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I mean, I appreciate that they're leaning into the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Son, it's time you learn the family business.

• Locked thread