Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Problem description: I have an external monitor attached to my laptop. When watching streaming videos (Youtube, netflix, etc.) I click the full screen button and all I get is a black screen. The other display is normal, and audio works as well.

Attempted fixes: Messed with display options to see if it worked with anything. The full screen option works on the laptop screen, it works on the external monitor when displays are set to "duplicate". Will not work on external monitor when it is primary display, or extended.

Recent changes: No recent changes, the only thing is I haven't used this monitor in a few months but that's it.
--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

System specs: Laptop, from Cyberpower. Not sure model number, but maybe: 687427-U6LCC1. Core i7-6700HQ, 32Gb RAM. GTX 980M. Monitor is Asus VS247.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd use DDU to remove GPU drivers: http://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu

And then put on the latest GPU drivers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well thanks for the suggestion! I went to make sure the drivers were up to date, and they were. But for some reason I'd been logged out of the Nvidia program and now there's no problem, so I guess it's fixed?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Well thanks for the suggestion! I went to make sure the drivers were up to date, and they were. But for some reason I'd been logged out of the Nvidia program and now there's no problem, so I guess it's fixed?

If it's still working in a couple weeks then yes I'd be confident it's fixed.

• Locked thread