Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

new phone who dis posted:

Only done under duress because he didn't want to do something else. What a great guy.

lol if you think exmarx gives a poo poo about the clinton toxxers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

piss__donald posted:

He's avoiding my clever trap(???), it's the same reason nobody has given an example of biased modding

Check out these posts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805093&userid=88471#post468282270

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805093&userid=88471#post468286121

But let's be really honest, you're going to say that Koala's actions before she was a mod doesn't count (or are OK because she put made up rules in the op of her thread) and that her cheerleading stone cold is cool because you were able to act as her counterweight.

(And zen death robot randomly deciding to upgrade already agreed upon toxxes for trump to permabans unless they groveled at his feet for forgiveness and trying to allow Hillary supporters to duck their toxxes by donating to a charity they were already donating to as a gently caress you to trump is the most clean cut example of bias around. The only reason the second one didn't happen is because Lowtax stepped in)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

sudo rm -rf posted:

"renounce your toxx and you get out of it or double-down and raise the stakes" is putting the decision entirely in the hands of the toxxers. it's pretty simple, dude.

meanwhile the clinton toxxers still had to spend money?

like you're trying to say the trump toxxers were somehow being victimized for getting a free out for their toxx, but making the clinton toxxers donate to a charity instead of paying money to sa was somehow being super lenient

that makes zero sense

They didn't just get to renounce. They had to do some dumbass humiliating thing that I forget the nature of. Turning the Clinton toxxes into some sort of donation thing after the election was already over was just more D&D clique bullshit.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

They didn't just get to renounce. They had to do some dumbass humiliating thing that I forget the nature of. Turning the Clinton toxxes into some sort of donation thing after the election was already over was just more D&D clique bullshit.

for someone who swears never to post in d&d and hates d&d who is currently posting in d&d about d&d you sure care a whole awful lot about d&d clique bullshit. it's almost like you're super duper mad about the existence of a club you're not allowed into or something

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

for someone who swears never to post in d&d and hates d&d you sure care a whole awful lot abotu d&d clique bullshit. it's almost like you're super duper mad about the existence of a club you're not allowed into or something

There are good threads that make fun of you idiots in CSPAM, what can I say?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

boner confessor posted:

for someone who swears never to post in d&d and hates d&d who is currently posting in d&d about d&d you sure care a whole awful lot about d&d clique bullshit. it's almost like you're super duper mad about the existence of a club you're not allowed into or something

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

boner confessor posted:

it's almost like you're super duper mad about the existence of a club you're not allowed into or something

He feels the same way about women's bodies

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Smug and elitist even when everyone is sick of your poo poo. Never change.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

There are good threads that make fun of you idiots in CSPAM, what can I say?

yeah cspam the d&d subforum, please tell me all about your exhaustive research into this culture that you despise and want no part of

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Ad hominems are good, actually

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

take a free out, take a month probie, pay no money at all

vs

pay the money you were already gonna have to pay to a better cause

seems like a complete wash to me

definitely not "trump toxxers were vicitims/clinton toxxers got off free!". that's silly.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

:ironicat:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"reasons women are gross and disgusting and aren't worth paying attention to, number 1 out of 1000" a poem by natetimm, the unfuckable saddick

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

yeah cspam the d&d subforum, please tell me all about your exhaustive research into this culture that you despise and want no part of

CSPAM is what D&D could be.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

sudo rm -rf posted:

vs

definitely not "trump toxxers were vicitims/clinton toxxers got off free!". that's silly.

I understand this is what it looked like to you, but that's definitely not what it looked like to the rest of everyone on the forums, and it was dealt with appropriately.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
It's like, 'oh, of course you think serious debating is just posting links to wiki articles of logical fallacies'

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

it's what d&d is broham, it's the part which lets you in which is why, metaphorically, you haven't murdered a woman yet

d&d is just high class cspam, it's the part which makes you whine about stuck up bitches

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

but cspam already exists, like just hang out there

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

piss__donald posted:

It's like, 'oh, of course you think serious debating is just posting links to wiki articles of logical fallacies'

Have you declared your adherence to the thread pact of unhurt feelings yet?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

There's literally nothing more elitist than telling people who aren't like you that they're being "irrational" about their deeply-held, completely valid feelings.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

There's literally nothing more elitist than telling people who aren't like you that they're being "irrational" about their deeply-held, completely valid feelings.

I am unlike you and I have deeply-held, completely valid feelings about how D&D is poo poo.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
natetimm hangs out with cspam at 2am behind the white castle emptying a pack of pyramids and complaining, without noticing the look on her face, about the loving d&d cunts who wouldn't return his affections in high school

deeply-held, completely valid feelings about how D&D is poo poo.

true, false

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

natetimm hangs out with cspam at 2am behind the white castle emptying a pack of pyramids and complaining, without noticing the look on her face, about the loving d&d cunts who wouldn't return his affections in high school

This one was pretty good but they're Pall Malls in my canon.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

I am unlike you and I have deeply-held, completely valid feelings about how D&D is poo poo.

Yeah, well, you should probably stop posting here then.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Who here is ready for a serious debate *smirks, cants hip*

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

shouldn't you go back to cspam then where i'm sure everyone still makes fun of you because who wouldn't

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

This one was pretty good but they're Pall Malls in my canon.

you can't afford a canon

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Berke Negri posted:

shouldn't you go back to cspam then where i'm sure everyone still makes fun of you because who wouldn't

I'm on tour with the circus and this is our stop this week.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Have you declared your adherence to the thread pact of unhurt feelings yet?

I'm having a go at the "make fun of insane internet degenerates" thing that GBS likes so much

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Terrific Accident posted:

I understand this is what it looked like to you, but that's definitely not what it looked like to the rest of everyone on the forums, and it was dealt with appropriately.

tbf it could also be less "whoa we need to maintain forum tradition" and more "gently caress yeah let's make d&d motherfuckers pay!"

like no one was talking about the sanctity of the toxx when it was the trump guys getting the out the day after the third debate or whenever it was

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

piss__donald posted:

I'm having a go at the "make fun of insane internet degenerates" thing that GBS likes so much

One of us.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sudo rm -rf posted:

tbf it could also be less "whoa we need to maintain forum tradition" and more "gently caress yeah let's make d&d motherfuckers pay!"

like no one was talking about the sanctity of the toxx when it was the trump guys getting the out the day after the third debate or whenever it was

no outs should have been given to either group because the mass bannings on election night are extremely funny but I can understand why it all happened

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sudo rm -rf posted:

vs

Avoid a ban or permaban by donating $10 to the charity cspam was already running a charity drive for as a gently caress you to Donald Trump.

vs

Get banned like you agreed to and give the forums money to get your account/avatar/upgrades back.

That doesn't seem like a wash to me. Trump toxxers gambled their account in a stupid forum traditional (which was upgraded to permabans after the fact unless they groveled for clemency) and they weren't even going to get the pay off from winning until the owner stepped in.

(And that's not mentioning ZDR taking away their gang tags for being too big when he lets multiple people keep their double tier avatars he gave them or those giant Robert whoever gang tags for president that were around the same size)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 13, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nah, you're not in on the joke, sorry.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Call Me Charlie posted:

(And that's not mentioning ZDR taking away their gang tags for being too big when he lets multiple people keep their double tier avatars he gave them or those giant Robert whoever gang tags for president that were around the same size)

this aggression aganst avatar pixel dimensions will not stand. i draw a line in the sand, here, and now. you will not cross!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Nah, you're not in on the joke, sorry.

"why doesn't d&d like to make fun of idiots" says the idiot continually made fun of by d&d "it must be some sort of liberal, no-humor conspiracy"

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

so i'm gonna be completely honest

i don't want people who make jokes about trans people, use 'human being' or the 'n-word' to feel welcome posting in this subforum

if they makes us insular, i'm cool with that

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I have here in my hand a list of 205 toxxers who hurt Donald Trump's feewings by donating to a charity

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

so i'm gonna be completely honest

i don't want people who make jokes about trans people, use 'human being' or the 'n-word' to feel welcome posting in this subforum

if they makes us insular, i'm cool with that

maybe if we make fun of them until they go away, they'll respect the boundaries of a place they're not welcome. it is extremely unlikely that they will collapse into insecure neurotic fits, accusing the posters mocking them of being hostile to the foundational theme of something awful, which is mocking idiots on the internet. surely it's not possible for people to be that stupid. why it would just be too ironic and hilarious for them to complain about ill-treatment and bias on this, the forum which spawned tribute.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

piss__donald posted:

I have here in my hand a list of 205 toxxers who hurt Donald Trump's feewings by donating to a charity

It was called RAINN, and it totally wasn't what Trump thought it was about.

• Locked thread