Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

Those who deviate from the approved opinions will be summarily punished.

*continues posting shittily in d&d, isn't probated, learns nothing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
The D&D SJWs are creating a, uh, homogeneity of opinion by making fun of the 100,000 words i wrote about pathetic video games drama from 2014

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Fat Shat Sings posted:

a reasonable demand to make of me if i were an administrator claiming confusion over said events

uh it's actually a reasonable thing to ask of anyone if you're claiming he's ignoring/missing key events

asking you to be specific isn't something you have to snark at

just answer the question lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Those who deviate from the approved opinions will be summarily punished.

Nah, disagreement is great; people who act like assholes get treated like assholes. Why is social interaction so hard for you to grasp?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
natetimm i'm super sorry about your *rolls dice* mother who didn't *checks table* stay sober at the grocery store but that's no reason for you to be mad at an internet forum, buddy

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

piss__donald posted:

The D&D SJWs are creating a, uh, homogeneity of opinion by making fun of the 100,000 words i wrote about pathetic video games drama from 2014

Doing my job suddenly became too much work once it was all my friends and bootlickers who toxxed!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

sudo rm -rf posted:

uh it's actually a reasonable thing to ask of anyone if you're claiming he's ignoring/missing key events

He's avoiding my clever trap(???), it's the same reason nobody has given an example of biased modding

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Doing my job suddenly became too much work once it was all my friends and bootlickers who toxxed!

agreeing with your pissbaby opinions isn't a mod's job, amigo. a mod's job is to enforce the rules, not provide you with the validation you did not recieve from peers and romantic partners

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hahaha you think ex marx is a Hillbot.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Hillary Is My Woods Mom

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to page (1)48(8), post the best racism you got

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

agreeing with your pissbaby opinions isn't a mod's job, amigo. a mod's job is to enforce the rules, not provide you with the validation you did not recieve from peers and romantic partners

Seems like the powers that be think that hasn't been happening in an acceptable manner. If we're going to appeal to the complete authority of mods, we might as well do so for their bosses.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

piss__donald posted:

Hillary Is My Woods Mom

I mean you're so afraid of the truth about Zoe Quinn and her plot for white genicide. Clearly you're a Hillbot!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Seems like the powers that be think that hasn't been happening in an acceptable manner. If we're going to appeal to the complete authority of mods, we might as well do so for their bosses.

i'm not appealing to the authority of mods, i'm making fun of you for being a suckup piece of poo poo with a grudge against a forum that robustly mocked your baby weiner. try to keep up, pal

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

i'm not appealing to the authority of mods, i'm making fun of you for being a suckup piece of poo poo with a grudge against a forum that robustly mocked your baby weiner. try to keep up, pal

And you said you didn't like making fun of pathetic internet people.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

do all the people who think ex marx was letting all the evil liberals out of their toxxes because of ~*~liberal sympathies~*~ not realize zdr gave trump toxxers a free out like a couple weeks before the election

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rodatose posted:

I didn't say to take any claim at face value.

In order to find out the truth of a situation, you gotta investigate it. Usually the way to start this process is by taking a plaintiff's/victim's words first (which is touchy bc victims often experience hesitance in reporting, at a rate where non-claims far outnumber false accusations), and then comparing that with the accused's version of the story. it's best if some impartial third party tries to sort it out

You're already calling one side a victim when they might not be one. You should say the accuser because it's not been established if they are in fact a victim of anything other than their own perceptions. When you start off with the stance than one side is a victim it automatically demands that there are perpetrators. I don't believe this is either socially healthy or logically sound.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

sudo rm -rf posted:

i figured those events would be immediately apparent to an administrator, and answering a question with another question solves nothing.

piss__donald posted:

He's avoiding my clever trap(???), it's the same reason nobody has given an example of biased modding

the same biased modding you yourself acknowledged but dismissed as "not being too bad"

the events are that this is about an overarching discussion about free speech that has been in GBS, QCS and here now for the better part of a week involving thousands and thousands of posts and dozens of posters in an almost nonstop debate

and the years and years of history on SA of bad moderation and the insularity that D&D has cultivated, the reputation it has earned and the discussion in this very thread giving way to that fact

I guess you stumbling in fifty pages late claiming to not understand whats going on somehow means you totally do know whats going on even if your opinions prove that you actually don't.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

And you said you didn't like making fun of pathetic internet people.

you're the one who said i had no sense of humor :shrug: problem is you just don't think it's funny because it's your feelings that are hurt

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

sudo rm -rf posted:

do all the people who think ex marx was letting all the evil liberals out of their toxxes because of ~*~liberal sympathies~*~ not realize zdr gave trump toxxers a free out like a couple weeks before the election

After they had been increased to permas against their will? Oh I guess you forgot that part.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

you're the one who said i had no sense of humor :shrug: problem is you just don't think it's funny because it's your feelings that are hurt

Nah, it's mildly funny.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Please don't own me over the time i accidentally tricked people into donating thousands of dollars to a rape charity

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Call Me Charlie posted:

Serious question. If I make a serious effort thread in D&D, can I make special rules in the OP that the mods have to enforce? Because that could be fun.

:agreed:

I've been hemming and hawing about asking a mod to step in with my automation thread. I asked for no automated car discussion, but some posters can't help but get caught in that cycle. At the same time, the thread only gets like a dozen posts per day.

The combination of not knowing how a mod will respond to that (up until koala became a mod, they generally don't enforce an OP's thread specific requests), and the kinda low amount of activity, I figured it wasn't worth bothering. Maybe now it is?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

After they had been increased to permas against their will? Oh I guess you forgot that part.

uh "here's your free toxx out, take it or your toxx is perma" directly consults their will, actually.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Using rape and incest victims as a prop to try and obfuscate your lovely moderating decisions on an internet comedy forum has to be a pretty low point as a human being

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Freakazoid_ posted:

I've been hemming and hawing about asking a mod to step in with my automation thread. I asked for no automated car discussion, but some posters can't help but get caught in that cycle. At the same time, the thread only gets like a dozen posts per day.

The combination of not knowing how a mod will respond to that (up until koala became a mod, they generally don't enforce an OP's thread specific requests), and the kinda low amount of activity, I figured it wasn't worth bothering. Maybe now it is?

first thing i'd try is to ask people to knock it off and take it to the silicon valley unicorns thread, or the rural poverty thread, or the suburbs thread, or like make a new thread because goons love to argue about robot cars

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Using rape and incest victims as a prop to try and obfuscate your lovely moderating decisions on an internet comedy forum has to be a pretty low point as a human being

...says the guy who is 100% still loving furious about gamergate

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

and the point is, trump toxxers were offered the out well before clinton toxxers were.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

sudo rm -rf posted:

uh "here's your free toxx out, take it or your toxx is perma" directly consults their will, actually.

"Do this stupid thing I demand or I will perma ban you" isn't an out.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

Having opinions isn't really the same as using actual victims as a prop in some sort of supposedly clever scheme that fooled nobody.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

how will he ever live down the shame of getting thousands of dollars donated to a decent charity

truly a low point as a human being.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

sudo rm -rf posted:

how will he ever live down the shame of getting thousands of dollars donated to a decent charity

truly a low point as a human being.

Only done under duress because he didn't want to do something else. What a great guy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

using actual victims as a prop in some sort of supposedly clever scheme that fooled nobody.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Only done under duress because he didn't want to do something else. What a great guy.

There might be things to be upset at the mods about but them getting goons to donate to charity is not one of them.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mr. F! posted:

There might be things to be upset at the mods about but them getting goons to donate to charity is not one of them.

Doing something nice in a slimy way that benefits you personally isn't praiseworthy.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Freakazoid_ posted:

You can set out the, I guess, "parameters" you want a thread to cover, but I'd stop short of thread OPs inventing their own rules. If a thread is consistently off topic you can ask people to knock it off or ask a mod to do the same.

With a low-traffic thread I suppose you're risking killing it entirely, but from what you're saying it sounds like that would mean about the same number of on-topic posts anyway :v:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. F! posted:

natetimm is a broken human being who will never let go of a grudge against someone who made fun of their opinions on the internet, turns out

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

"Do this stupid thing I demand or I will perma ban you" isn't an out.

"renounce your toxx and you get out of it or double-down and raise the stakes" is putting the decision entirely in the hands of the toxxers. it's pretty simple, dude.

meanwhile the clinton toxxers still had to spend money?

like you're trying to say the trump toxxers were somehow being victimized for getting a free out for their toxx, but making the clinton toxxers donate to a charity instead of paying money to sa was somehow being super lenient

that makes zero sense

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

boner confessor posted:

natetimm is a broken human being who will never let go of a grudge against someone who made fun of their opinions on the internet, turns out

He's tragically never considered changing his opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

piss__donald posted:

He's tragically never considered changing his opinions

why should he, his opinions are correct, it is reality itself which must shift

• Locked thread