Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Harmonix made the games that got me into this genre. Frequency, Amplitude, then later on Rock Band etc. I don't play them much anymore but I'll always hold Harmonix in high regard even if the new Amplitude was crappy.

EBA & FF Theatrhythm are must haves for 3D gamers. Shame we won't ever see Dragon Quest Theatrhythm.

Also when I was a kid I traded Jade Cocoon 2 for Gitaroo Man and it was the best choice I've ever made.

agreed regarding Harmonix, played the poo poo out of Frequency back in the day. It's weird to think that there was a time period where plastic instrument games became so ubiquitous that you'd see people playing them at literally every party near a college campus

And drat, that's a come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody else *always* hear the title screen jingle whenever they read Gitaroo Man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruX-YidS4U

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I thought about checking out the new rock band or whatever but instead I bought a cheap Fender and downloaded Rocksmith. It's kinda cool if you combine it with other more traditional musical exercises

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
finally got Crypt of the Necrodancer during the PS4 Easter sale... this game is awesome. Pretty hard, but when you get into the RHYTHM it's so cool and satisfying

• Locked thread