Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

theres only one rhythm game worth playing and it's called beatmania IIDX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

I have the ability to enjoy multiple games

thats true, i recant my position to just being really enamored by iidx

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

In Training posted:

I played this game today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dc3L6-e3fU&t=63s

And its kinda like vib ribbon with a more colorful aesthetic. I really like the music in it but the timing windows for everything is way too tight and some of the later inputs appear too fast to even react to.

this game looks really frustrating

that's a blast of nostalgia. makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5yrNEIAj4

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Potassium Problems posted:

Tryin to break into lvl 12s and I'm convinced more than ever that a difficulty re-rating is in order. Like keep 1-11 but break 12 out into 12-15 or something

theres already not that many 12s, youd just end up with folders with like 30 songs in them.

ive beat 8 or 9 of them now. i dont mind the difficulty weirdness so much, i just wish there were more.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

i looked into it last year and it seemed like no one is really producing good pads now? that seems messed up to me. weirdo nerds will always want to play ddr

all of the weirdo ddr nerds i know own a cab or play on a friends cab

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ive basically stopped playing beatmania. it felt like i was stuck and i didnt have a good answer for why i kept at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

we need new weirdo nerds

they can make friends with someone who owns a ddr arcade machine

• Locked thread