Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aquasnake posted:

Episode 17: Apprentice Eternal 2 Minotaur Harder

Took your advice and did another Apprentice Endless run, we did get the Nymphs card, but we didn't end up accomplishing a whole lot else that I recall. I think half the reason I'm so bad at this game is i'm not used to being so vulnerable while dodging, and it's not an instant "Get out of Pain free card"... which turns it into "Go directly to Pain, do not pass Go". (Sorry, I'm one of those people that actually likes playing Monopoly, just no one ever wants to play with me.)

I dunno, you cleared the golem hunting party cards and progressed through the chain and you cleared the Druid questline. That's pretty good!

And yeah the White Minotaur sucks. The only thing that sucks more is fighting him as a free card due to the fuckawful stage that battle takes place on, though luckily you can refuse the encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

SSNeoman posted:

And yeah the White Minotaur sucks. The only thing that sucks more is fighting him as a free card due to the fuckawful stage that battle takes place on, though luckily you can refuse the encounter.

Oh my gently caress I hate the free card stage. Just gonna spoil a bit here: Never fight the minotaur as a free card. There is 0 room to maneuver and that's pure balls.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now I see why Mage Strike only had three charges on it. An actual ranged attack seems more precious than gold.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Glazius posted:

Now I see why Mage Strike only had three charges on it. An actual ranged attack seems more precious than gold.

Not to spoil, but it's... uh... a little more than a ranged attack.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Episode 18

Check it, this ones super late. It's not even up yet because I started the upload just now and hope it doesn't screw up. Why? Because I spent the majority of my day sitting in an empty house without furniture or internet (Did have power though) waiting for a plumber who never decided to show up, answer my calls, or explain why. Now I'm going to bed cause I have work in the morning.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I just busted out laughing when you went two steps and bam, King of Plague.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 19

We did it. We beat the last member of the Royal Court, all that's left now is to kill a man and steal his very cool sounding voice... also his job I guess. Or at least I think that's what's next, I generally soak up spoilers, so I have a general knowledge of many things, but lack many specifics.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
So, are you prepared to face the master of this game? He will not surrender, nor will he go quietly.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Be advised, your next challenge will suck. It will suck and you will hate it. I suggest making the most of each floor. And by whatever it is you worship put Twisted Canyon back in. Free weapon is free.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lazy Bear posted:

Be advised, your next challenge will suck. It will suck and you will hate it. I suggest making the most of each floor. And by whatever it is you worship put Twisted Canyon back in. Free weapon is free.

No it's not. It's got pain cards and pain cards have curses.

Guys please stop buying health potions if you have food, just shuffle back and forth on already explored squares.

Want me to spoil how to tell apart treasure chests and mimics?

Shame you guys never finished the quest line Summoned! is a part of. The card you get at the end is unambiguously good, like The Maiden.
Sweetwoods is indeed only in apprentice.
Don't bother with The Tavern. That's the card you need a Failure, followed by a Huge Success, followed by attacking the guy who asked for your help. And even if you clear that one, every loving card in that quest chain requires specific rear end requirements. You get the Dragon Armor set for clearing it but I guarantee you it's not gonna happen unless you specifically tailor your deck per card. Like no joke, one card in that chain requires you to have 4 or 5 blessings and no curses. It's redic.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 14, 2017

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I think I ended up savescumming the poo poo out of the rest of the game, and I don't feel bad about it.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

If they don't, I do. Please PM it to me.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Lazy Bear posted:

If they don't, I do. Please PM it to me.

I'm curious about this, too. Count me in.

Also, high priestess is my current frustration. God damm.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

Guys please stop buying health potions if you have food, just shuffle back and forth on already explored squares.

I feel like we've only done that first one like once or twice.

As for the second, go ahead and spoil it. I like spoilers and Kaz doesn't even read the thread.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I really like the Dealer's introduction for the King of Scales. I'm a sucker for that sort of hype-up.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

To spot the mimic, check the picture on the treasure chest after the poisonous gas. If it has a lock, it's a treasure chest. If it doesn't, it's a mimic.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

I knew I should have done the editing last night before I went to bed.

Sorry guys, but I'm actually going to miss this update, we did record it, but apparently, ALL of the moving is happening this weekend. Painting, furniture, the whole Kit and Caboodle (Nine Yards? Shebang? I'm secretly an Old Man). Anyway, what will probably end up happening is I'll upload and post it on Monday, or otherwise as soon as possible, and most likely if we find the time to record at some point, I'll probably post 2 together to get caught up.

P.S. Don't tell Kaz, he doesn't know, and I'm pretty sure that if I don't tell him, he won't figure it out and I can laugh at him after we finish the LP when he thinks we never missed an update.

P.P.S. Again. Really sorry about this, it shouldn't happen again, except maybe Monday. Things will be so much easier when my parents aren't in town.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord you speeded through the notional last mission. Did you get even a single new piece of equipment, after the initial draw?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

When I keep starting with that great shield I end up not needing much else. Stronger weapons just make combat not take quote so long.

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016
Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for how long it's taking for us to throw our the next update. Still in the process of getting the new place all cleaned up and actually livable, plus the desk that we use to record is literally in pieces.

Hope we can get something out to you guys soon. But in the meanwhile, thanks for supporting us so far.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

SwordOfKaz posted:

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for how long it's taking for us to throw our the next update. Still in the process of getting the new place all cleaned up and actually livable, plus the desk that we use to record is literally in pieces.

Hope we can get something out to you guys soon. But in the meanwhile, thanks for supporting us so far.

Oh I was just assuming the game master was so incredibly hard you're still trying to beat him.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, sorry about everything. We haven't abandoned anything, but as soon as we basically finished getting all of the boxes to the new place, Kaz left town for like 4-5 days. Everything should be back to normal relatively soon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And that, ladies and gentlegoons, is how the Dealer wins the game.

• Locked thread