Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Aurubin posted:

What's up with Chile? Pinochet still loom large in the minds of the electorate?

Only in the eastern municipalities of Santiago and Viña del Mar, where the popular opinion is that Pinochet did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Vina was a lovely place when I visited it. :(

It has always been full of cuicos and momios. Source: living there most of my life.
Sitting in a McDonalds watching the old ladies cry at the news of Pinochet being dead was p. funny.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Just destroy football, in general.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

You can be sure that patriots like Hamprice will be there every step of the way to tell you how US bombs are actually liberating your family

Stop posting anywhere

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Send the tankies to Venezuela.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The FARC did not deserve any pardons.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Anywho, I came here to post about how happy it makes me that parts of the world aren't poo poo and I love that Bolivians are celebrating Che

Worthless country celebrating a worthless person.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Give them the sea access back you fuckhead

No.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Welp thats 4 more years of Piñericosas

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

How bad is he exactly?

Ineffectual clown with very convenient big news every so many months smokescreening his gaffes, the fact he said he is "going to revert Bachelet policies" this campaign has me actually worried this time.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

so ban abortion again and cut down on the reduced education fees?

Also reverting the advancements in gay marriage and adoption

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Leave out a tub of mayo and they'll be here before you know it

Can confirm.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Like I had no idea that there's a libertarian party now

the agringado party

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the weird thing is its not like lula was really that bad for the rich. he was ultimately pretty drat neoliberal. yet they cant even allow his relatively modest welfare programs for the poor to the point theyre willing to risk totally delegitimizing everything and leaving the people no choice but violence, riots, revolution. how loving stupid.

Brazil went from copying everything the US does to do what the US will do in a few years

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mobas were a mistake

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Civil War! Civil War! Civil War! Civil War!

:pray:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Hundreds of supporters — many are union members, students and land rights activists — have been camped outside the ABC Steelworkers Union, where Lula got his start in politics, since the order for his incarceration was handed down Thursday.

"Caravans from all over the state are arriving to defend President Lula," Vagner Freitas, president of the national Unified Workers Central union, known as CUT, told cheering demonstrators gathered outside the steelworkers union. "We are here, and if they want to remove Lula from here, they'll have to take us all with him."

Lula spent Thursday night in the union building, where he met with his legal team and fellow members of the Workers' Party, including former President Dilma Rousseff, former Sao Paulo Mayor Fernando Haddad and party leader Gleisi Hoffmann.

owns

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Bolsonaro shrugged off Geisel’s alleged sanctioning of summary executions on Friday. “Who’s never given their kid a spank on the bum and then regretted it? These things happen,” he was quoted as saying by the Estado de São Paulo.

Bostanaro

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

gently caress the us and gently caress the opposition

gently caress you

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

go burn a maternity clinic about it

Go defend a failing dictatorship oh wait you are already doing that.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

https://twitter.com/afp/status/1000193184620826626?s=21

hola columbia. congrats on becoming an imperialist stooge!

Well, heck.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

leftist candidate in the colombian election. duque is a pretty far right wing uribista who is opposed to the FARC peace treaty

Resuming a long and bloody war to own the libs.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

*Malvinas

*Guerra de las Malvinas

*Malvinas

Islas Falklands.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

"Nice settler-colonialism!", said the argentinean fox to the british grapes.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Incoming Evo tantrum in 5, 4....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Give them the sea access you chilean fucks

Only in exchange for all the gas fields.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

as far as I can tell Chile’s sole geographical purpose is to deny the pacific to as many of their neighbors as possible

We have been slacking.

• Locked thread