Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
people calling neville vs swann awful are out of their minds. the match was objectively good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs. Marty Janetty from Joey Janela's Spring Break
HM: Joey Janela's Spring Break Clusterfuck

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I'll be waiting a long time :colbert:

But seriously... really? HOW!?!

they think he hasn't done a bulk of the lifting in his matches and was carried by Omega and yesterday by Shibata with both just whipping his rear end through most the matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Germansimp posted:

So they have a problem with the most basic wrestling logic of them all, "Heel beats up face until it looks like he is out, at which point he'll start his big fiery face comeback to the cheers of the crowd."

Well Shibata was totally the face in the match yesterday so who knows lol

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Updated through to (almost) the end of April. It seems like there were a few MOTY entrants that were just a vote short of being included, let me know if I miscounted anything.

Matches of the Year

Honorable Mentions

03/06 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tiger Mask W for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW 45th Anniversary Show

This was non-title.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Volador Jr. vs Yoshitatsu CMLL Arena Mexico 3/3/17

One of the best wrestlers had a match that bad. Can't imagine how.

this was lost awhile back, but 2nd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74yORLhZR0

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my favorite part was Ospreay yet again mocking someone that said something bad about flips in one of his big new japan matches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MRT is not, in fact he's really mastered it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
glow was a middling to okay netflix series and its supporting characters are much more interesting than the zoya and american belle ones and also it's not real fake wrestling, its fake fake wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Venomous posted:

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar, WWE Great Balls of Fire, 7/9

e: gently caress it, HM: Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, WWE Great Balls of Fire, 7/9

EugeneJ posted:

HM: Iron Man Match - Hardy Boyz vs. Sheamus and Cesaro, WWE Great Balls of Fire 7/9

heck sure

WWE Balls was a pretty solid show over all

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hm: Nagata vs Yoshi-Hashi 07/17 from G1 Climax Night 1

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Sanada vs Okada G1 Climax Night 6.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

I enjoyed it more than their New Beginning match tbh

its was much better than their title match Agreed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hm for sanity vs aop, itami vs black and gargano vs alamas the under card was so good. sanity vs aop surprised me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Sexy Star vs Lady Shani vs Ayako Hamada vs Rosemary, AAA Triplemania 25

Yeah gently caress this match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

just saw this and yeah.

Also only just put two and two together on Ellering's WWE name being a reference to Lance's real name.

Lance hates it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wmotyc neville vs enzo amore at no mercy

wmotyc brock lesnar vs braun strowman at no mercy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Price Check posted:

HM - Cobb & Elgin vs. Best Friends - NJPW Tag League - 11/30 - I guess nobody told these guys it's just the Tag League.

2nd

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: Great Space War 2017: Donald Trump, Mini Trump, Wonder Woman, Dick Flash, Brahman Brothers vs. Steppenwulf, Doomsday, Dr. Poison, Lex Luthor, Rocket Man - ,Michinoku Pro 12/15/17

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i'm loving losing it at mini master returning to the ring as a tiny red white and blue missile as Aerosmith's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing plays and he deflects a dolphin and takes out Rocket Man into a crowd of zombies on the outside.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

rest in power great sasuke

Like right after this Sasuke takes a powerbomb on a pile of chairs and a ladder standing on its side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I dont remember if linking to the realhero archive is allowed or not.

• Locked thread