Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

Speaking of Hiromu:

HM: TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi, best of 3 falls from TAKA & TAICHI Season 2

It had it all: unrelenting cowardice and cheating, gently caress finishes, Hiromu pretending to be a cat, good wrestling, a cool actual finish.

Seconded. Also Hiromu rocking out to Taichi's theme, a BUSHI/Hiromu theme mash up that I want to hear a proper version of and TAKA being completely unwilling to deal with Hiromu's poo poo. I think they also managed to get all of Taichi's fans together in one place too.

No idea what happened with the tomato guy after the match though. I think he wanted a match with BUSHI at the next Kaientai Dojo show?

The Kanemaru/Suzuki match was a lot of fun too.

E: oh and MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa and MOTYC: Strong BJ vs Kai and Naoya Nomura but this Taka Taichi de Japon poo poo is more important right now. They even played that stupid J-pop Taka Taichi song.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers, Mae Young Classic Round 1 (8/28/17)

Absolutely terrible match, combined with the fact that apparently it was so bad, the finish was changed halfway through. :psyduck:

It probably won't win because of Triplemania from this past weekend, but it's still BAD. Marti has no business being in a wrestling ring. Or in the wrestling industry in general.

just saw this and yeah.

Also only just put two and two together on Ellering's WWE name being a reference to Lance's real name.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IMO from Destruction in Hiroshima

HM: Funky Future vs. Taichi & Kanemaru
HM: KUSHIDA vs. El Desperado
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega (C) vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Title at DESTRUCTION in Kobe, 9/24

Not just the first defense of Kenny's US Title, but a rematch of his G1 upset loss to Juice. Here's a shocking revelation for you all - Kenny Omega is an amazing loving wrestler.

Seconded, that was the best match of the tour for me.

For anyone who didn't watch the show but watches NJPW and wants to know which matches are worth checking out I'd recommend watching Beretta/Yujiro, it's not a fantastic match that deserves an HM or anything but it was really good, and for someone like me who's only been watching a year it shows that Yujiro is actually capable of holding his own and isn't poo poo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Ambrose & Rollins (c) vs Cesaro & Sheamus, WWE No Mercy, 9/24

Also from the same show, the women's five way was pretty drat good. Bray/Finn and Jordan/Miz also worth watchin if you're feeling completionist

2nd. Good first half of the card. The upper card was pretty dire though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: KUSHIDA/Ospreay

It was a cut above the matches in the HM list imo and belongs with the MOTYC matches. It's not going to win many people's MOTY, but unless you cut that list down to like 4 matches most of the other ones there won't either.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Will Ospreay vs. Flip Gordon ROH Global Wars 10/15

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Toru Yano vs Colt Cabana, ROH Global Wars 10/15

easily my match of the night

actually this was really funny and I recommend seeing it if you enjoy Yano matches. I kinda doubted it beforehand because I think Yano works best with a straight man but it was great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: TAKA & Taichi vs SUPER 69

And I guess I'll throw the tag matches from last week a 3rd.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW Power Struggle

Probably an outside shot at MOTYC in another year

third and

HM: Will Ospreay vs Marty Scurll.

I might have gone MOTYC for the main event and might still on a second watch but it was really hard to get into the early stages after that loving reveal.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Ishii/Keith Lee Global Wars Night One

I want Keith Lee is NJPW like yesterday.

And I haven't watched Night Two yet, is Ishii/Mastiff really that bad?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WMOTYC: Tim Storm vs Jocephus NWA Championship

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW just uploaded the Global Wars shows for people who haven't seen Ishii/Lee yet.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

HM: LIJ (SANADA & Evil) vs. Death Juice (Juice Robinson & Sami Callahan), NJPW World Tag League 18/11/17

very cool match. great debut for Callahan.

third

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Price Check posted:

HM - Cobb & Elgin vs. Best Friends - NJPW Tag League - 11/30 - I guess nobody told these guys it's just the Tag League.

nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTY: Bad Luck Fale vs BUSHI - NJPW World Tag League Finals 12/11

God this was so lame. And short. And with such a terrible ending.

I'm going to second this one. I could tell what they wanted but it needed a lot more BUSHI dodging Fale's lumbering swings before Fale completely clubbers him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama vs Kento Miyahara & Yoshitatsu AJPW Real World Tag League 12/12

Not sure if linking to Real Hero Archive is kosher here but it's there so check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: Great Space War 2017: Donald Trump, Mini Trump, Wonder Woman, Dick Flash, Brahman Brothers vs. Steppenwulf, Doomsday, Dr. Poison, Lex Luthor, Rocket Man - ,Michinoku Pro 12/15/17

I had no idea what was happening at any time or why or who was even in the match or what the significance of the dolphin or the polar bear were but 3rd.

• Locked thread