Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: AJ Styles (C) vs John Cena for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble.

loving incredible match and both guys came out of it looking like a million bucks. The ending was superb.

nth because holy loving poo poo that owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: The Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber - John Cena (C) vs AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz

The PPV was average at best but the main event was fantastic and the final stretch was just great with an awesome ending.

I'm down with this, especially since the right guy won.

e: VVV Also that. It never looked like the disorganized clusterfuck the EC can devolve into sometimes. The flow of the match was excellent.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 13, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
It won't win and it shouldn't but I'm glad to see the 2017 elimination chamber on that list. Not only did the right guy win but it was the best EC match I've ever seen. All six of the performers had time to shine and it never looked like the messy clusterfuck those matches often become.

As for what's gonna win the year, well... if anything tops Okada/Omega this year I'll mark out so hard my brain may explode.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Venomous posted:

e: gently caress it, HM: Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, WWE Great Balls of Fire, 7/9

I'll second this

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

sigmachiev posted:

this isn't as good to me as Kenny/Okada 2

Really, I don't think anything's going to top that.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

gently caress it, HM: Braun Strowman vs Big Show, Monday Night Raw, Sep 4th 2017

I thought this owned hard

I'm down with this, so third. Best hoss-off of the year and the ending was loving fantastic, Braun's promo included.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Naito/Tanhashi matches that immediately preceded each Omega/Okada match were better every time.

I might agree if Omega wasn't my favorite wrestler right now.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega (C) vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Title at DESTRUCTION in Kobe, 9/24

Not just the first defense of Kenny's US Title, but a rematch of his G1 upset loss to Juice. Here's a shocking revelation for you all - Kenny Omega is an amazing loving wrestler.

Third, and uh, yeah. I wasn't kidding when I said he's probably my favorite in the entire industry right now.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Ambrose & Rollins (c) vs Cesaro & Sheamus, WWE No Mercy, 9/24

Also from the same show, the women's five way was pretty drat good. Bray/Finn and Jordan/Miz also worth watchin if you're feeling completionist

3rd that. I just hope Cesaro has a good dentist.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KungFu Grip posted:

wmotyc neville vs enzo amore at no mercy

wmotyc brock lesnar vs braun strowman at no mercy

To be fair, Brock/Braun wasn't the worst match, it just had the worst possible result.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTY: Usos vs The New Day, Hell in a Cell 10/8/2017

because drat

4th. Holy poo poo that owned. Best cage match in WWE I've seen since... gently caress I can't even remember.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
MOTYC: Viral Infection vs. WWE Locker Room, 10/22/2017

Kurt Angle in the ring, and of course, Finn/AJ. I'm now excited about a card I thought would only be worth a poo poo because of Asuka.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Funk posted:

MOTYC: Finn Balor vs. AJ Styles, TLC

Absolutely lived up to the hype

This. If anything it was too short but god drat it was great.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mukaikubo posted:

HM: The Shield + Kurt Angle vs. The Miz's Band Of Misfits, TLC

It had problems but it was goddamn FUN enough I'll HM it.

I'll go for HM on this. It was stupid as poo poo at times but man, that poo poo was just really fun to watch. The whole thing was scripted to death and some of it was 100% silly but it was silly in a way that made me smile, laugh, and enjoy myself for a main event like I haven't in months.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
HM: Usos vs. The Bar, Survivor Series 11/19

It started a bit slow but the spots got really good and the ending sequence was absolutely fantastic.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
HM: Usos vs. Rusev/English vs. New Day vs. Gable/Shelton, Clash of Champions 12/17.

That was just solid gold fun to watch and while I wish Rusev Day had won, I still enjoyed the poo poo out of it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

Second, if only for Gable going off

It had other fun moments but goddamn

Gable going nuts and suplexing both Rusev and E was definitely the highlight.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Wor.... worst match..... <sob>

Worst Match of the Year Contender: Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton - WWE Clash of Champions.

:negative:

I hate to say this but yes, nth. It was so loving bad and it almost hurts my brain how you can do such a terrible job with the amount of talent that was in the ring.

Anyone remember Zayn/Nakamura from NXT last year? Y'know, probably the best match WWE had that didn't involve AJ Styles? And now we've come to this. loving sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs Big E & Xavier Woods vs Rusev & Aiden English - Smackdown Live 12/26

seek this poo poo out god drat

3rd. Smackdown already had the better tag team roster but this made it more apparently obvious. It's also magnified by the lack of Ambrose on Raw.

• Locked thread