Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
any idea what i ask a butcher for in the UK if i want tritip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whether using corn starch or plain flour make a slurry with cold water first and then add that otherwise you'll get lumps

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Smoke the lamb ribs you heathens.

smoked lamb is amazing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

lingonberry jam but alas it's all in the freezer .

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i also roasted some broccoli at 240c for 25 minutes or so until it was really crispy and made some chimichurri to go with this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1006899052376514560

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i made some meatballs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i made a sandwich for lucnh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

first time making gyoza with my sister. bought the wraps though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pork, cabbage, spring onion, ginger and garlic. I made a dipping sauce out of lao gan ma, light soy and black rice vinegar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Doc Walrus posted:

Tonight I made one-pan Tom Kha Gai Biryani! I have a bad camera and a badly lit apartment so this is the best picture I have!

There was so much liquid from the onions, mushrooms, coconut cream and lime juice that I didn't have to add any water or broth to cook the rice. End result: :yum:

this might be the greyest picture ever posted in one of these threads

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i used my instant pot to make coq au vin and then baked some shop bought sourdough bread rolls to go with. not pictured the extremely crispy roast broccoli in olive oil + sea salt because it looks ugly af

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Watching brad leone videos on youtube got me wanting to make some giardiniera. I had to drain it a few times because I put too much in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sweet_jones posted:

How long did you ferment and how did it end up tasting? His videos are hilarious and this is one I've been meaning to try.

That was just after making it. In his video he made it on a Wednesday and finished it on a Monday so im going to check it on saturday

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was trying to hide the clutter behind my chopping board but this is 140f pork loin that was in for about 2 and a half hours before a sear

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

In a real post I highly recommend combining this https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/italian-american-beef-pork-meatballs-red-tomato-sauce-recipe.html

with this

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/10/pressure-cooker-tomato-sauce.html

for a variation on a standard weekday meal that requires very little extra effort but tastes incredible. I just did it but made the meatballs too moist so they mostly fell apart when cooking through in the sauce

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I thought the point of dieting was to lose weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I intended to make shepherds pie but had too much stuff to fit in the roasting dish so cooked the mash separately

so i roasted a whole load of potatoes with 2 heads of garlic. melted a ton of butter with 300ml single cream and used a potato ricer on the potato innards + garlic before mixing with the cream + butter mixture
added more butter + a bunch of milk beacuse there wasn't enough cream to get to the desired consistency
added tons of chopped chives then transferred to this bowl before topping with mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano reggiano and roasting until like this

i roasted the leftover potato skins until crispy to go with