Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Random Hero posted:

Cross-post from the sous vide thread... Picked up this amazing Akaushi bavette before the weekend:

Sous vide @ 132 for 2 hours, pan-seared and served with chimichurri:

Goddamn that is beautiful. Need that in my mouth pronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Made a sammich. Ham, blue cheese and thousand island dressing.

Looks like chickencheese to me. I'd eat it.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Korgan posted:

Bon appetite mates.

That... uh, that's something.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Croatoan posted:

drat son. I really need to get a sous vide thing that looks great. I'd go a little more rare but drat.

Here's some more motivation to get with the sous vide program. I made this a few days ago in the magic water bath, I wish the pics were better, but you get the point. Also, making a good crust is a smoky business folks

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Random Hero posted:

Sous vide akaushi bavette (4hrs @ 132F) with sauteed mushrooms and green beans sitting on top of a simple pan sauce.

Jesus Mary and Joseph man! That looks incredible.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

"Everything" pretzel buns, local brats with dijon and pickled peppers, and dilled potato and pickled cucumber salad!

Goddamn son, need everything on that plate in my mouth right now.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008
Never heard of ribeye cap before, but this turned out stupendously. Never finished anything on the grill this beautiful before either. Apologies for the hasty picture, I was already like halfway through eating it, I could barely stop myself...it tore apart with just my fingers.

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

Torquemada posted:

It’s the best bit of the animal.

Yeah I had no idea, but I'm very much on the bandwagon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tev
Aug 13, 2008

bartlebee posted:

It does look beautiful. But treat yourself and let that bad boy rest so your beef juices stay in the beef and don't end up on cutting board! Would still devour.

We tried so hard. We made it like 8 minutes.