Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Aglio e olio w/ chopped clams. Anchovies melted right into the olive oil.

This looks amazing. Spaghetti alle vongole is one of my favorites and starting with anchovies melted into the oil makes pretty much every pasta better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

a wad of mayonnaise, and none of that fancy poo poo, we're talking Hellemans/Best Food

I agree with everything you said about a tomato sandwich, but I have to at least upgrade to something like Duke's. I'm not sure if that falls into "fancy poo poo", but it's a huge upgrade on Hellemans without spending too much more.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004

camoseven posted:

Duke's is the king of supermarket mayo

Without being too expensive. Worth every penny.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
Sous vide hanger steak with Italian salsa verde on top of white beans cooked with garlic, Calabrian chiles, broth and vinegar with some thin red onions on top.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
Simple dinner with a trial run on my mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving:

Pan seared salmon with mashed potatoes and sautéed asparagus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

At first I thought you made a gloopy bernaise. But the potatoes look good!

Very rich and creamy mashed potatoes with an unhealthy amount of cream and butter. I personally prefer mashed potatoes a little chunkier, but family always loves the creamy stuff for the holidays.

I started by sautéing some garlic in butter and then added 2 cups of cream along with two sprigs of rosemary. I let this simmer for about 30 minutes while I prepped and boiled the potatoes. I used a ricer on the potatoes and then added more butter, most but not all of the strained & infused cream, salt, white pepper, nutritional yeast and chives. Infusing the cream goes a long ways for flavor and I really liked the addition of the nutritional yeast. It gives that slightly nutty and cheesy flavor without affecting the texture of the potatoes.