Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Had some of my bacon tomato jam on a chive omelette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Speaking of chicken, I tried that weighted roast chicken technique from BA, works p good.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

cocoavalley posted:

Saw this post, read the recipe, had everything needed to make it and immediately set to it. Didn't read the posts about reducing the sugar until it was too late, but I think it came out pretty well. It's sweet like bottled ketchup or BBQ potato chips, but way more flavorful. So far I've had it on triscuit crackers, as a dressing on sweet potatoes, and it was especially nice on hot dogs with dill relish and yellow mustard.

Nice!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Couple of the nicer looking dinners lately:

Carbonara and eggplant au gratin

Poulet au vinaigre

al pomodoro

Chicken sammich

Yes, I only own the one set of plates.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Drone posted:

Yo this ribs are good-lookin' and all but I have to know more about that mac & cheese.

Yeah, that's a good looking mac.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Olpainless posted:

It's been a bit of a day today... But at least taking the time to cook up a treat can make anyone feel better.

Today we ended up having ballotine of chicken, stuffed with brie and wrapped with serrano ham, pan fried in butter and then slowly simmered in a mustard, cream and vermouth sauce with spinach. Served up with green beans and asparagus, and some chunky triple cooked chips.

hell yeah

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Nice codpiece.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

sounds delicious tho

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Veritek83 posted:

christmas day: fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, braised green beans, buttermilk biscuits

oh yeah, that's my poo poo right there

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Kabocha gnocchi.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my neighborhood izakaya had 馬刺し on the menu last night

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

silvergoose posted:

How was it?

i didn't get it, it's always been greasy when i've had it before

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

is that cheese inside the burger?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kumba posted:

yup, swiss inside and provolone on top

sick, i want it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

breaks posted:

man is there any food that benefits more from being perfectly cooked with just a bit of char on it like that than shrimp? maybe but it's pretty high up there

mushroom lasagna + shaved asparagus salad

nice plating

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Skooms posted:

Carbonara for dinner! Inspired by General Chat, second time at carbonara. Got great guanciale at a butcher nearby I didn't even realize made it. Got a lil carried away with the black pepper but hey, I love it. I felt like the first recipe I followed included sort of tempering the egg/cheese mixture with a small amount of slowly introduced pasta water, so I kinda just winged it and then added that to the pasta/pork fat biz and added additional water while stirring. No goopy scrambled eggs so I was happy.

Nailed it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

ogarza posted:

chopped up some left over beef ribs and fried then until almost crunchy, dry rubbed with some paprika, toasted ancho, toasted pasilla, sugar, salt, and black garlic... added some sesame seed oil when frying

chicharrón de costilla

would

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

toplitzin posted:

Blue plate special tonight.

Country fried steak
Cheddar mashed potatoes
Mushroom white gravy
Roasted Normandy veggies

oh hell yes

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mushroom surprise posted:

Pan ribeye with chimichurri and watermelon feta salad

Salad is a riff on a NYT "Greek" watermelon salad recipe. First time with it and highly recommend. Basically some variation of this stuff in a bowl:

e: image links lol

salad looks like rear end.

bet it tasted incredible, especially with the steak

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

iajanus posted:

28/12 is lasagne day

that is a drat fine looking lasagne

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
next video game i play my character's gonna be named Dirk Tender

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

that's a nice looking green bean cassarole, did you fry your own onions or are those bought ones?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Swapped out the mozzarella for pecorino Romano and chopped garlic, and accidentally made something they used to make at my childhood pizza place. Brought back memories. Will do it like this again soon.

man, that and an ice cold bottle of vinho verde would be paradise right now

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Nebrilos posted:

I'm still trying to learn to cook. Any advice is welcome.

I tried making skewers. I'm not sure if the texture was improved vs just roasting in the pan. The marinade I used had a whole lemon's worth of lemon juice and it made the chicken taste a little too sour. I think the onions were the best part.

The skewers themselves weren't even warm after being in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes. No idea what they are made of.

hard to tell looking at a photo, but it looks as if you could use a little bit more oil on everything on the skewers before going into the oven. that might give it more of a oven roasted vibe. don't be stingy with the salt either, imo.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
cherokee purple was the first tomato i ever had that i liked. always hated tomatos growing up, but i picked one up at a farmers market for some reason like 20 years ago and it blew my mind.

sucks that 99% of tomatos in the stores are dogshit.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
drat, that looks great

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Development posted:

bergs tonight. snake river farms wagyu ground beef.

v nice

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mystes posted:

Isn't ground wagyu kind of pointless?

nah it's pretty good. way better than steaks although thin cut for shabu shabu is my favorite.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
there's a burger place in tokyo that does burgers with japanese wagyu and it's p good. i've never tried it at home because i like smashburgers.

https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1303/A130302/13096437/

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

nesamdoom posted:

That looks awesome. I would need to take a nibble to check if I was eating something horrid before diving in.

coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

JSmithOTI posted:

Yesterday I smoked some short ribs for dinner.

that's a good idea with the onions there