Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.

Sodium Chloride posted:

In the UK you get explayers commentating all the time

Tim Henman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Greg Rusedski is worse than Tim.

You only hear Tim at Wimbledon, Greg you get all loving year round.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Andrew Castle is the worst of that lot and it's not even close.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmao whoever said Federer has 60 year old arms is spot on

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
our commentary team last night was Lleyton Hewitt, Jim courier and Todd Woodbridge and it was good

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
this might be the only time i praise espns commentary but starting around 4-3 or 3-3 in the fifth set they just shut the hell up and let the match go from there almost in silence and it was perfect i wish they did that mor eoften

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

strap on revenge posted:

our commentary team last night was Lleyton Hewitt, Jim courier and Todd Woodbridge and it was good

yeah it was refreshing not having Bruce McAvaney in the box spewing useless stats the whole time for once

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Up Circle posted:

this might be the only time i praise espns commentary but starting around 4-3 or 3-3 in the fifth set they just shut the hell up and let the match go from there almost in silence and it was perfect i wish they did that mor eoften

The best thing about watching on Eurosport Player as I do for every slam but Wimbledon is that every court is available without commentary. It's so much better.

It's incredible how many tennis commentators still haven't internalized the first rule of "don't talk during the point".

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Fanatic posted:

yeah it was refreshing not having Bruce McAvaney in the box spewing useless stats the whole time for once

Just means he's going to double down on that poo poo during the footy.

If I hear him call something related to Cyril "delicious" ever again, I'm going to loving lose it at whatever I'm watching the game on.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

nachos posted:

lmao whoever said Federer has 60 year old arms is spot on

Yet he conquered this handicap to beat a man with the arms of a golden god, which is even more inspirational to strange limbed people everywhere.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Schlesische posted:

Just means he's going to double down on that poo poo during the footy.

If I hear him call something related to Cyril "delicious" ever again, I'm going to loving lose it at whatever I'm watching the game on.
Yikes, glad I don't watch AFL :v:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Just a reminder that it is 2017 and Roger Federer is your Australian Open champion.

No, not 2007. 2017.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Puckish Rogue posted:

Just a reminder that it is 2017 and Roger Federer is your Australian Open champion.

No, not 2007. 2017.

Serena Williams is the champ too. Seems like tennis might have a huge structural problem with young talent.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Serena Williams is the champ too. Seems like tennis might have a huge structural problem with young talent.

also doping.

and gambling.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Alain Post posted:

The women's game so desperately needs a big new star (more realistically several) and has for at least a decade. Some small rays of hope here and there but very few that you felt confident about even getting out of the 2nd round consistently or that were ahead of the rest of the pack when Serena was hurt or otherwise bombed out of tournaments, and a lot of misplaced hype for the likes of Bouchard, Sloane Stephens and whoever else was supposed to be young and upcoming. It forces you to feign excitement Kerber who's already 29 and not that great.

I feel Serena recently is like if Federer had the last 12 years with no Nadal, no Djokovic or no Murray in his way, just a bunch of Ferrers and Berdychs to stomp over.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember? Roger won.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oliwan posted:

Remember? Roger won.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puckish Rogue posted:

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Me too op, I think about it every day.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roger Federer won the 2017 Australian Open.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A plastic trophy for a dead sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Formula 1 is not a sport.

• Locked thread