Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I love you Roger :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I don't think he'll have the gas to actually win this tournament but gently caress it lets ride this till the wheels fall off. Kick all their asses Federer.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I believe again. Please don't break my heart, Federer.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I hope Federer loses to Zverev in straight sets.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
And so the fellatio on Federer by the Channel 7 commentary team will continue

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fanatic posted:

And so the fellatio on Federer by the Channel 7 commentary team will continue

drat... wish I could also fellate the God of Sport...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Good thing Nadal is going to easily win this instead of those unlikable fat cats

gently caress that doper

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

spamman posted:

I hope Federer loses to Zverev in straight sets.

How rude!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fed vs. Raonic final please

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If Murray losing means a useless '90s kid wins I am going to be pissed.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Fed vs. Raonic final please

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sodium Chloride posted:

If Murray losing means a useless '90s kid wins I am going to be pissed.

remember when young people were good at tennis

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ArmZ posted:

gently caress that doper

if that's the case then it seems like giving Nadal a clear path actually was bad. Interesting

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Serena is completely off the ball. She's been broken three times and only held once.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roger Federer.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's good to see that autists like djoko and nadal are finally getting some comments about the time they take to serve.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Federer proving how much more complete his game is than that hack Murray.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Federer... the GOAT... sublime...

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Two spot on posts, I'd say.

Edit: three, even

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xabi posted:

Two spot on posts, I'd say.

Edit: three, even

It's good to see that trp posters can come together in these troubling times to share in their love of the best tennis player of all time, Roger Federer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oliwan posted:

It's good to see that trp posters can come together in these troubling times to share in their love of the best tennis player of all time, Roger Federer.

this, this!!

The fact Federer won so convincingly and so quickly just goes to show.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

this, this!!

The fact Federer won so convincingly and so quickly just goes to show.

That he's gonna get blasted off the court by Stan the Man?

I want Fed to win, but I've been burned too many times.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Whatever happens Thursday it's legitimately kind of astounding that a 34/5-year-old Federer has made the semis or better in the last five majors that he played.

At this point I'll happy with any combination of players in the final except Federer/Nadal, because just no. No. I'll even take a Wawrinka/Goffin final or something, as one-sided as that would be (I do actually love Goffin's tennis but there's no chance he'd not be overwhelmed by the occasion).

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

Glare Seethe posted:

Whatever happens Thursday it's legitimately kind of astounding that a 34/5-year-old Federer has made the semis or better in the last five majors that he played.

He's 35, going on 36 this summer :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tennis is for old people now. Young generation wiped out by old dopers. Sad to see.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Tennis is for old people now. Young generation wiped out by old dopers. Sad to see.
On that note it's now altogether likely that we'll see a Williams sisters final when Venus is 36, moves like a lawnmower, still doesn't have much to her game besides velocity and hasn't been any good in a decade.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

On that note it's now altogether likely that we'll see a Williams sisters final when Venus is 36, moves like a lawnmower, still doesn't have much to her game besides velocity and hasn't been any good in a decade.

The women's game is a dumpster fire atm, there's a very shallow pool of talent and even most of the people in that pool just aren't very good. Every single slam they put Venus Williams on TV and I'm amazed that she's seeded 10th or whatever because she can barely move around the court anymore.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The main problem with the women is injuries and sudden lack of confidence. Plus you have Sharapova's drug ban, Vika getting knocked up and poor Kvitova getting her dominant hand slashed by a burglar.

The men's game is filled with more old farts than the women's side.

Konta's looking good so far. I think she can win. (Of course she gets broken after I post)

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 25, 2017

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Im enjoying this match a great deal. Both have very good racket talent

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

One of Nadal or Federer has to lose soon, preferably Nadal, so the commentafors stop masturbating on air about the "dream final".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
God damnit Milos you had one job to do

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

No surprises there IMO.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

help me grigor d. you're my only hope

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I had completely forgotten how much I hate Rafa's stupid grunting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Welp, Williams sister final = Serena win.

Federer/Wawrinka semifinal starting in 15 min on primary ESPN, not ESPN2.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Fed v Baby Fed finals please

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Hortism posted:

Fed v Baby Fed finals please

Yeah. Fed vs Rafa would just be sad to watch. I really have zero belief he could beat Nadal in a major final.

They're still playing but Wawrinka's been crap so far to be honest. Fed's doing enough without peaking. Would be a nice reversal of Wimbledon 2015 if he peaked for the final instead of the semi.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh no Federer....

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roger please...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can't sell "Federer" without "reefer". Why? Because he's such a chill dude.

• Locked thread