Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Halep is struggling and has been broken.

I suspect men will take a pointless toilet break just to get away from the heat.

e: and Rogers has a two break lead in the second set against Halep. Oh well.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

This is a classic Kerber match and I mean that in a bad way.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

It's great Dan Evans managed to keep it going. From being famous for being drunk to beating a Slam winner!

Josh Lyman posted:

If you aren't watching Kyrgios/Seppi in the 5th just lol what are you doing with your life

He was two sets up when I went to sleep :mad:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

And it's Istomin with a break in the fifth against Djokovic!

The man is on fire.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:woop: :woop: Well done Istomin!

Djokovic went from beating Murray a couple of weeks ago to losing to a guy ranked #117 (and coached by his mum). The love and hugs poo poo isn't working.

I guess Sir Murray's reign of terror as #1 will continue past Wimbledon now.

If you didn't watch that then you missed out.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Berdy is such a waste of talent. Glad I didn't stay up late to watch it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Who's the biggest waste of talent, Berdych, or Ferrer.

Ferrer's done well for himself. He's determined and scrappy and has only started to fade with age.

Berdych has the big serve and decent shots but collapses when it matters. When he beat Federer at Wimbledon in 2010 I really thought he would do something after that. Now he's lost nearly 40 consecutive sets against Murray, Djokovic, Federer and Nadal.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

If Murray losing means a useless '90s kid wins I am going to be pissed.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Serena is completely off the ball. She's been broken three times and only held once.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The main problem with the women is injuries and sudden lack of confidence. Plus you have Sharapova's drug ban, Vika getting knocked up and poor Kvitova getting her dominant hand slashed by a burglar.

The men's game is filled with more old farts than the women's side.

Konta's looking good so far. I think she can win. (Of course she gets broken after I post)

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 25, 2017

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Countdown to Federer breaking everyone's heart again...

oliwan posted:

The finals are nadal v Federer and Williams v Williams. Welcome to tyool 2002.

More like 2008 Wimbledon.

Tennis is hosed.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Someone needs to take a crowbar to Rafa's knee.

vyelkin posted:

Federer wins 7-6 6-7 6-7 7-6 70-68 imo

They don't stop for poor light here so one of them will be dead before this score. (and I was beaten to this remark)

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Just a little more Roger.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

:woop:

#18 bitches!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

This year's Oz open was truly the tournament for old farts.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Rafa should shave his head and spare us looking at his thinning hair.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I didn't think he was going to do it several times during the match. If I hadn't had to crawl out of bed to watch the match I might have turned it off when he was a break down in the fifth.

https://twitter.com/AustralianOpen/status/825693554169098241

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

oliwan posted:

Maybe in the US, but over here you don't necessarily get ex players in the commentary box because they are usually terrible.

Where are you?

In the UK you get explayers commentating all the time. Last year the BBC had Hewitt commentating at Wimbledon and Roddick the year before that (dammit bring him back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Greg Rusedski is worse than Tim.

You only hear Tim at Wimbledon, Greg you get all loving year round.

• Locked thread