Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Tennis is for old people now. Young generation wiped out by old dopers. Sad to see.
On that note it's now altogether likely that we'll see a Williams sisters final when Venus is 36, moves like a lawnmower, still doesn't have much to her game besides velocity and hasn't been any good in a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

they're both on ESPN for their accomplishments as AMERICAN players
That's a really weird way to put it. They're both among the among more famous players alive and all commentary crews go that route.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Serena Williams is the champ too. Seems like tennis might have a huge structural problem with young talent.
The women's game so desperately needs a big new star (more realistically several) and has for at least a decade. Some small rays of hope here and there but very few that you felt confident about even getting out of the 2nd round consistently or that were ahead of the rest of the pack when Serena was hurt or otherwise bombed out of tournaments, and a lot of misplaced hype for the likes of Bouchard, Sloane Stephens and whoever else was supposed to be young and upcoming. It forces you to feign excitement Kerber who's already 29 and not that great.

I feel Serena recently is like if Federer had the last 12 years with no Nadal, no Djokovic or no Murray in his way, just a bunch of Ferrers and Berdychs to stomp over.

• Locked thread