Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

If you aren't watching Kyrgios/Seppi in the 5th just lol what are you doing with your life

Kyrgios gonna Kyrgios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Xabi posted:

Fresh Fed will win this and I for one will be satisfied.

I want a return to the FedExpress, but we all know he's going to break down either during the game against Berdych or the game after that.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

For a whole set, I got to watch Fed Express in full flight. The Australian Open can pack up now.

Having said that, this match is really something else.

Hell, that Game was something else.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 22, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

this, this!!

The fact Federer won so convincingly and so quickly just goes to show.

That he's gonna get blasted off the court by Stan the Man?

I want Fed to win, but I've been burned too many times.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

If the finals are Williams sisters and Fed vs. Nadal it will probably be the most hyped-up close to a grand slam ever.

Federer didn't look good vs Wawrinka (and in patches against Nishikori) and there's got to be an almost 0% chance Venus actually beats Serena.
I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just saying at least the Womens final is going to be predictable as, while the Mens could be a bloodbath depending on who shows up and for how long.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ChaosReaper posted:

See you say that but his movement to the forehand side is shot to poo poo and the one shot Nadal is actually hitting pretty well is the cross court backhand. Thats if Nadal doesn't rediscover that he can hit a forehand down the line in which Fed is double hosed. Oh and thats on top of Fed maybe being hurt and also always playing like poo poo against Nadal in majors since forever.

I would have just said Federer has actually been playing relatively badly for 3-4 sets of every match and has been getting away with it because:
Nishikori = Bad Hip
Zverev = Bad player
Stan the Man = Bad Knee

If Nadal is fit and firing, Federer is screwed.

It's a great narrative for a Slam final, but the Geriatric Final is going to be a 5 set win for Nadal.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

oliwan posted:

There's a final

Was a final. Only surprise is it wasn't 6-0 6-0.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

He always has a chance, but it's probably not a big one. The court is playing a bit faster than previous years and Nadal hasn't looked unbeatable, so maybe. It's still Federer v Nadal, though, with everything that entails. Probably Rafa in four.

I think you meant Rafa in 5, but the gist is right.

Sidebar: why does Rafa keep pulling his pants out of his crack when he's a multimillionaire who can afford to just buy better underpants?

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 29, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jesus, Federer looks like losing the second love-6.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

oliwan posted:

omg is there a more perfect human being than Roger Federer?

Based on this second set, I'd say Nadal is a closer to perfect Tennis player.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

RIP Federer.
Let the record state: I wanted to believe. For a brief moment in the 4th, I believed.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I refuse to watch :love:Fed:love: lose. Well played Nadal, you earned it.

I got to see one or two sets of peak FedXpress in TYOOL 2017, and I will cherish them always.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I've never been this happy to be wrong.

I stopped watching a 0-2, if you were going to tell me in person then that Federer was going to romp back I would have slapped you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Fanatic posted:

yeah it was refreshing not having Bruce McAvaney in the box spewing useless stats the whole time for once

Just means he's going to double down on that poo poo during the footy.

If I hear him call something related to Cyril "delicious" ever again, I'm going to loving lose it at whatever I'm watching the game on.

• Locked thread