Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well this is Murray's title to lose now. I don't think Federer is match fit enough to even make it to Murray much less win the tournament. I just hope Nadal doesn't win because he sucks. I missed the last two sets of the Djokovic match since I needed to go to bed and thought he would wrap it up after controlling the third set. I woke up saw the score and was kicking myself for missing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well this has just turned into the weirdest slam. The two favorites to win the tournament now are probably Fed and Nadal which I would not have guessed at the start. Wawrinka has a great chance as well now that I think about it. I still hope someone manages to beat Nadal but unless Raonic manages to do it I don't know who in his half could with Djokovic being gone.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I don't think he'll have the gas to actually win this tournament but gently caress it lets ride this till the wheels fall off. Kick all their asses Federer.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well if this keeps up we're getting a Fedal final which means Federer is getting another rear end kicking. I don't really wanna drink that early on a Sunday so that'll be a hard match to watch.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So this match is just nuts. Dimitrov's forehand down the line to save break point was amazing. How he recovered from that slip and the lob over his head to win the point was insane.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

FUUUUCK I think Grigor needed to break there.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

loving poo poo thats what i was afraid was going to happen.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

loving gently caress

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea not sure I can watch another Fed rear end kicking from Nadal on Sunday.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

This is the best chance Fed will ever have. Playing well, fast court, extra day to recover, Nadal with a 5 hour semifinal.

See you say that but his movement to the forehand side is shot to poo poo and the one shot Nadal is actually hitting pretty well is the cross court backhand. Thats if Nadal doesn't rediscover that he can hit a forehand down the line in which Fed is double hosed. Oh and thats on top of Fed maybe being hurt and also always playing like poo poo against Nadal in majors since forever.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Hey look Federer got break points that he didn't convert shocker. Nadal didn't get much of a chance to moonball to the backhand much in the first set but now here we are. Federer can't move as well to the forehand now so he just gets even more crushed by the backhand barrage.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Goddamn Federer is just spraying errors from his forehand now.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

It's not even Federer's backhand breaking down now it's literally everything else.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

FUUUUCK I'd hoped this wouldn't go to a fifth. I think Nadal takes it now which loving blows.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So this is over.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Well he gave me hope in the fifth but I forgot that he can't convert break points worth a poo poo.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Convert a break point for Christ sake Federer.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Goddamnit

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

loving finally now don't loving blow you it old gently caress.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Orkin Mang posted:

he'll blow it. its what fed does against rafa. just u wait :(

I know he's gonna give us all hope and then gently caress it up. I'm not drunk enough to take this poo poo.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Schlub Husband posted:

Pessimistic fucks the lot o' you

This match up always makes me pessimistic man.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

CONVERT A BREAK POINT YOU gently caress. It's gonna be the Dimitrov match all over again.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

FUUUUUCK

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

loving finally jesus your killing me.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I need you to hit first serves please.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

gently caress

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I think I'm literally dying because of this christ.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

loving kill me

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

GET IN YOU MOTHERFUCKER

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Never thought he'd win anywhere but Wimbledon anymore and sure as poo poo didn't think he would beat Nadal after going down a break in the fifth. loving hell that was the best worst thing to watch ever.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

It's the KIA guy. God this guy is the best/worst thing.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

So we're just lying to everyone are we Federer?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

I know he's said in interviews that he wants to play for a few more years but I wonder if now that he's got the 18th if he doesn't hang it up at the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Lid posted:

Mmmmmmm

Yep doubted the poo poo out of him and am super happy to have been wrong. I'll eat the biggest humble pie since it means he won the drat thing.

• Locked thread