Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

crazy cloud posted:

is this from the silmarillion or someshit

ug, kids these days

[walks away, mumbling about Magic, Pokemon and Harry Potter]

Squizzle posted:

lmebo its frogs, theyre chaos kekmen called slaad

If they were called chaos cuckmen it would be beyond perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
kekkery deckery cuck
orange man dont give a gently caress

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Hillary Clinton: Helvetica
Bernie Sanders: Courier New
Donald Trump: Impact
Barack Obama: Helvetica Extra Bold
Mike Pence: Chiller
Ben Carson: Giddyup Std

i may have misunderstood this thread

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Maduo posted:

nope...pls continue

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hillary Clinton: The Institute
Bernie: The Minutemen
Gary Johnson: The Brotherhood of Steel
Jill Stein: The Railroad
Donald Trump: Nuka Cola Raider Gang

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Bernie: would have won

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Mariana Horchata posted:

nope...pls continue

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Mariana Horchata posted:

I took the aspie quiz and my results indicated that i am...

Alakazam

ahh i stand corrected, i guess most ppl dont understand who u really are Linds...

P.S. im p sure trump doxxed u because of hair envy...because drat is that is one Presdential af head of hair u got there Sen - in fact id go so far to suggest u start up a queer eye for the straight guy caucus to discuss makeover ideas for trump :q:

it's ok
i wanted to be a comedian, and instead i'm a spunk bucket for the senate; i keep telling 'em i only want McCain in that way, but, i think it's more about power than romance for most of them

as for making over Trump, have you seen him? i think he may be too far gone, i don't know

the hair is salvageable, but i don't think that there is anything we can do about his face

look at this mess:

...and that's him smiling!
i have considerable talents, however, i can't take a human being back to a diner to tell them to start over, it don't work that way

i appreciate your confidence in me though, and i've come to enjoy our internet fireside chats

i'm usually drunk shitposting by the fire when we meet
:beerpal:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Maduo posted:

Helvetica Extra Bold

it's called Helvetica Black

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Probationer: Ben Carson
Neophyte: Donald J. Trump
Zealator: Sean Spicer
Practicus: Jared Kushner
Philosophus: Stephen Miller
Adeptus Minor: Rex Tillerson
Adeptus Major: Jeff Sessions
Adeptus Exemptus: Stephen Bannon
Magister Templi: Benito Mussolini
Impissimus: Adolph Hitler

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Maduo posted:

To steal jokes from another thread:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Bernie Sans Win

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Bernie would have been Akzidenz-Grotesk...

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Maduo posted:

Jeb Bush: Comic Sans

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Nebakenezzer posted:

Trump is Chaotic Neutral - like whatever the opposite of a Modron is, some sort of orange chaos golem, one of those things you never encounter outside of planescape

those would be the slaadi, my friend

quote:

In the D&D game slaadi are native to the Outer Plane of Limbo. As such they are of the outsider type, being composed of the essence of their home plane. Encountered on most other planes they also receive the extraplanar subtype. Slaadi are almost always chaotic neutral except for the death slaadi, which are usually chaotic evil and the gormeel slaadi, which are usually lawful neutral.

In the various D&D products in which they are presented, slaadi are described as frog or toad-like humanoids. Within that rough characterization they have a wide range of forms depending on subtype, and often corresponding to their rank in society. Size also varies between the different subtypes, from human sized to several feet taller than human sized.
Society

In various editions of D&D the slaadi have been depicted as having a complex social system bound up in the relationship and reproductive cycles of the various subtypes. Some subtypes dominate others, though as slaadi are creatures of chaos, such domination occurs not through a regimented hierarchy, but by brute force. In earlier D&D editions a symbol of power was embedded in each slaad's forehead, and non-magical tattoos on the forehead represented achievements and status.[25] The latter physical characteristics do not appear in 3rd and later editions of D&D. In earlier editions of D&D the slaad were divided only into red, blue, green, gray and death subtypes. 3rd Edition D&D added the mud, and epic level white and black subtypes. In all editions the slaad have been dominated by the Slaad Lords, Ssendam and Ygorl.

Red and blue slaadi reproduce by infecting living hosts. The red do so by implanting eggs beneath their victim's skin which grow into a baby blue slaad that eats the host from within. The blue infect the host with a lycanthropy-like disease that slowly transforms them into a red slaad. Despite being the means of producing the other slaad type, reds and blues despise one another. If either a red slaad or blue slaad infects an arcane spellcaster, the host will spawn a green slaad, superior to its parent in that it may cast spells. A green slaad, upon reaching its hundredth year of life, will retreat into isolation for the duration of about a year. Upon its return it has transformed into a smaller, but more powerful grey slaad, which focus more on spell-casting than most other slaadi. Some grey slaadi undergo an unnamed, mysterious ritual, which transforms them into death slaadi. Death slaadi possess amazing magical and physical might, but eschew focusing on the former, as the greys do, being bent more on perpetuating slaughter and death. As such, death slaad tend more towards an evil alignment than do most other slaadi. If the death slaad survives a century, it turns into the white slaad.[26] If the white slaad survives a century, it turns into a black slaad in the manner of its preceding transformations. The black slaad is the most powerful slaad, excluding the slaad lords.[27] The reproductive cycle of mud slaadi is not detailed.[28]

The Spawning Stone is the primordial home of the slaadi, located in "a realm of their greatest dominion", and drifting about Limbo. The passage of the stone generates currents in the raw chaos-stuff of the plane, and slaadi are able to follow these currents "upstream" to the Stone's location. In the mating season, each race of slaad converges on the Spawning Stone, wresting the Stone away from the previous group, so that they may fertilize each other's internal egg sacs, and carry away the seed-like fertilized eggs for later implantation into host bodies. Sometimes, however, young slaadi are produced right there at the stone because the slaadi implant each other in their mating frenzy. Thus, dead adult slaadi routinely float about the stone until destroyed by the chaos of Limbo. True slaadi are described as beings of ultimate chaos who have no set form. Only the Slaad Lords Ssendam and Ygorl are representative of this type. Somehow they affected the 'Spawning Stone' to prevent the emergence of slaadi more powerful than them, which keeps the slaadi within the aforementioned groups. Although anomalies do slip through in the chaos, they have less variety, and less chance of being more powerful than the Slaad Lords.[29] One such anomaly is the Gormeel Slaad, which is a subtype introduced in an article in Dragon[30] as a large, mutant variety "born from the Spawning Stone", and escaping the notice of Ygorl and Ssendam. They are lawful in alignment, serving as allies and sometimes mounts of the githzerai against other slaadi.

sounds like american politics to me

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 11:17 on Feb 20, 2017

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Prokhor Zakharov - Bernie
Corazón Santiago - Bannon
Nwabudike Morgan - Hillary
Deirdre Skye - Jill Stein
Miriam Godwinson - Pence
Sheng-ji Yang - Also Bernie Sanders, but the kind who would have won
Pravin Lal - JEB!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pretty sure I'm lawful good op.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Lawman 0 posted:

Pretty sure I'm lawful good op.

shdm if you aren't chaotic good

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So what's a troll's alignment, anyway? I know the book has them as Chaotic Evil (monsters of low intelligence) but I suspect that Milo Yiannopolus is more Neutral Evil, the alignment of most Ayn Randers

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

blamegame posted:

ted cruz: lawful evil
ben carson: sleepy evil

I don't really see Cruz as lawful evil. He's a saving throw away from giving into his lust to torture people in his basement.

I guess I see Lawful Evil people as trying to hew to rational self interest or something, and Cruz is a garbage man who does whatever the gently caress he wants and doesn't care about anything else to the point even his fellow garbage men hate him

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Nebakenezzer posted:

I don't really see Cruz as lawful evil. He's a saving throw away from giving into his lust to torture people in his basement.

I guess I see Lawful Evil people as trying to hew to rational self interest or something, and Cruz is a garbage man who does whatever the gently caress he wants and doesn't care about anything else to the point even his fellow garbage men hate him

:q:

couldn't have said it better myself

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

:q:

couldn't have said it better myself

Mr. Graham, would you care to comment on the alignment of any other republicans/supreme court justices?

Bonus points if you can talk us through creature subtypes

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Nebakenezzer posted:

So what's a troll's alignment, anyway? I know the book has them as Chaotic Evil (monsters of low intelligence) but I suspect that Milo Yiannopolus is more Neutral Evil, the alignment of most Ayn Randers

i suspect trolls are basically the Slaadi except with the ones that are Chaotic Evil being more common

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Hodgepodge posted:

shdm if you aren't chaotic good

chaotic good is the plain cheese pizza of alignments

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

The Brown Menace posted:

chaotic good is the plain cheese pizza of alignments

that's Neutral Good

Chaotic Good is Cheese, Meats, and one or more divisive ingredient; most commonly pineapple.

Lawful Good is Vegetarian

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
If a paladin throws a Molotov at a police line that's coming to break up protests about illegal deportation, does he fall?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Grondoth posted:

If a paladin throws a Molotov at a police line that's coming to break up protests about illegal deportation, does he fall?

Lawful is a drag sometimes, but a Palidan is a crusader for good above all

Short answer maybe, depends if the use of force is justified or not

Also, Palidians can make mistakes and get it wrong. ~* The thing that causes you to fall is being too proud to admit your mistake *~

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

i want to role a palidian

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the D&D alignment system is too boring and limited to be useful in creating interesting characters

you're better of mangling jungian archetypes or tarot cards or some poo poo

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

rudatron posted:

the D&D alignment system is too boring and limited to be useful in creating interesting characters

You could probably use the i ching as a random storylet prompt as a GM.

I like to think of the i ching as basically a really weird but relatively simple AI script for a (pre)-Taoist/Confusican sage chatbot.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You're better of thinking of it as like that therapist chatbot thing that already exists. Even things like the Catholic confessional are all just primitive forms of psychotherapy.

It's easy to, once you analyze it logically, dismiss astrology or whatever as worthless, but the question you still have to answer then is: why did it have value to people? The answer is: because it did something for them. It provided reassurance, or it helped them cope with the traumatic circumstances they found themselves in, or whatever.

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot
Baloogan - Chaotic Neutral

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
astrology is real and strong and my friend

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nebakenezzer posted:

im gonna be completely honest

I think you should run for C-SPAM president to take over for crazy cloud cause i like ur style, ya got moxie kid - keep on posting

rudatron posted:

:agreed:

even MBTI is kinda vague (and prone to confirmation bias) which got me into socionics which iirc is what the russians use when they compile psychological dossiers on ppl (and i do wonder if their assessment of trump matches my own posted itt)

Jungian stuff in general owns and i should really pick up a book to read into it more straight from the source - recommendations welcome...

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

I think you should run for C-SPAM president to take over for crazy cloud cause i like ur style, ya got moxie kid - keep on posting

:agreed:

even MBTI is kinda vague (and prone to confirmation bias) which got me into socionics which iirc is what the russians use when they compile psychological dossiers on ppl (and i do wonder if their assessment of trump matches my own posted itt)

Jungian stuff in general owns and i should really pick up a book to read into it more straight from the source - recommendations welcome...

you oughta read civilization and its pisscontents by sigmund floyd

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you oughta read civilization and its pisscontents by sigmund floyd

shiet i totally forgot to ask u about ur travels and nam stories last nite - im interested to here more as ive been considering doing the same (but am admittedly clueless about doing so)...feel free to PM or just wait until next late nite chat

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

rudatron posted:

I would totally play a game where you create your characters based on tarot readings, that sounds cool as hell

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Maduo posted:

I would totally play a game where you create your characters based on tarot readings, that sounds cool as hell

i always liked that sort of old school RPG approach towards character creation based upon answering a series of questions

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Nebakenezzer posted:

Mr. Graham, would you care to comment on the alignment of any other republicans/supreme court justices?

Bonus points if you can talk us through creature subtypes

McCain: lawful evil
McConnell: neutral evil
Cruz: chaotic evil
Gorsuch: neutral evil
the notorious RBG: lawful good
Paul Ryan: lawful evil
myself: chaotic neutral
Trump: chaotic evil
Chris Christie the fat and fallen former governor of fail jersey: neutral evil
Ben my new Valium source Carson: chaotic evil
Cruella DeVos: chaotic evil
KKK Sessions: lawful evil
Rex Tillerson: neutral evil

as a sitting republican senator representing South Carolina at 61 years old, i'm not that into gaming, so i can't help with the creature subtypes

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Feb 22, 2017

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Mariana Horchata posted:

:stoked:

I'd be down for an office run if the opportunity arose. I look forward to being the Nixon to Crazy Cloud's unkillable JFK

Also a typology I forgot: blood type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

CSPAM will like it as the wikipedia article says it developed in opposition to ethnic stereotypes from Europe. It is apparently believed in Japan and Korea and is widely believed enough that a senor pol in the Abe (?) government having a scandal apologized and blamed his blood type for his misbehavior.

Type A
Best traits Earnest, sensible, reserved, patient, responsible and cautious.
Worst traits Fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense, obsessive and pessimistic.

Type B
Best traits Passionate, active, creative, animal loving, flexible, cheerful and optimistic.
Worst traits Irresponsible, forgetful, selfish, lazy, impatient, unreliable and "going own way".

Type AB
Best traits Cool, controlled, rational, sociable, adaptable and intelligent.
Worst traits Critical, indecisive, unforgiving, two-faced, aloof and "split personality".

Type O
Best traits Confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive and athletic.
Worst traits Self-centered, cold, aggressive, unpredictable, arrogant, envious and ruthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
MBTI is the only pseudo-science I believe in. How legit is the Aspie Test?

• Locked thread