Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
britney spears voice: i'm INFJ, b*tch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Trump is Chaotic Neutral - like whatever the opposite of a Modron is, some sort of orange chaos golem, one of those things you never encounter outside of planescape

If we're doing alignments by plane, I'd say Trump dwells in one of those pain-in-the-rear end tangential planes, in this case the howling winds of Pandemonium, CN verging on Evil

All true worshipers of Eris are the unwitting ones

Hilary Clinton is by contrast super-lawful, a creature of the system

I'd say she has attempted to be good most of her career, but actually being a effective operator in an increasingly corrupt kleptocracy has eroded that stance. If you want to be nice, plunk her in Arcadia, the LN verging on Good

If you wanted to put her down into the outlands of True Neutral, I have sympathy

Obama is in a very similar position, he was the true reformer. He was very much America's Mikhail Gorbachev: someone who wanted to reform the system in order to save it. He never understood that the system itself was the problem. He could never make that leap, and thus his failure of imagination became ours

No politician today (save perhaps the Hobo of the King, Steve Bannondorf) understands that to build a temple, you must first haul down the old one, that such destruction is necessary. They all spent their careers praising the 'creative destruction' of the market; they of course didn't recognize that such a principle could apply to them as well

Joe Biden is actually Lawful Good, more the shame that he didn't run

what

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Kids these days

[puts on bathrobe, rummages around for links]

The outer planes are usually expressed as a great ring, going through all possible alignments

There are the heavens, the hells, and a variety of in-between planes, with are neither

Each symbol represents a different plane

The Outlands with Sigil [the city of doors] is in the center, True Neutral

The plane directly to the left of the outlands is Mechanus, the Lawful Neutral machinery with which the cosmos runs

The plane directly to the right of the outlands is Limbo, Chaotic Neutral chaos

(Oh poo poo, I think Slaans live in Limbo, chaotic neutral frogs? Trump is definitely Slaan like)

Directly above the outlands is Elysium the Netural Good Heaven, the blessed fields of peace

Directly below the outlands is the hell of the Grey Waste, bastion of selfishness

Consult your dungeon master for more information

is this from the silmarillion or someshit

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
astrology is real and strong and my friend

• Locked thread