Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Trump is Chaotic Neutral - like whatever the opposite of a Modron is, some sort of orange chaos golem, one of those things you never encounter outside of planescape

If we're doing alignments by plane, I'd say Trump dwells in one of those pain-in-the-rear end tangential planes, in this case the howling winds of Pandemonium, CN verging on Evil

All true worshipers of Eris are the unwitting ones

Hilary Clinton is by contrast super-lawful, a creature of the system

I'd say she has attempted to be good most of her career, but actually being a effective operator in an increasingly corrupt kleptocracy has eroded that stance. If you want to be nice, plunk her in Arcadia, the LN verging on Good

If you wanted to put her down into the outlands of True Neutral, I have sympathy

Obama is in a very similar position, he was the true reformer. He was very much America's Mikhail Gorbachev: someone who wanted to reform the system in order to save it. He never understood that the system itself was the problem. He could never make that leap, and thus his failure of imagination became ours

No politician today (save perhaps the Hobo of the King, Steve Bannondorf) understands that to build a temple, you must first haul down the old one, that such destruction is necessary. They all spent their careers praising the 'creative destruction' of the market; they of course didn't recognize that such a principle could apply to them as well

Joe Biden is actually Lawful Good, more the shame that he didn't run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Kids these days

[puts on bathrobe, rummages around for links]

The outer planes are usually expressed as a great ring, going through all possible alignments

There are the heavens, the hells, and a variety of in-between planes, with are neither

Each symbol represents a different plane

The Outlands with Sigil [the city of doors] is in the center, True Neutral

The plane directly to the left of the outlands is Mechanus, the Lawful Neutral machinery with which the cosmos runs

The plane directly to the right of the outlands is Limbo, Chaotic Neutral chaos

(Oh poo poo, I think Slaans live in Limbo, chaotic neutral frogs? Trump is definitely Slaan like)

Directly above the outlands is Elysium the Netural Good Heaven, the blessed fields of peace

Directly below the outlands is the hell of the Grey Waste, bastion of selfishness

Consult your dungeon master for more information

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

crazy cloud posted:

is this from the silmarillion or someshit

ug, kids these days

[walks away, mumbling about Magic, Pokemon and Harry Potter]

Squizzle posted:

lmebo its frogs, theyre chaos kekmen called slaad

If they were called chaos cuckmen it would be beyond perfect

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Maduo posted:

Hillary Clinton: Helvetica
Bernie Sanders: Courier New
Donald Trump: Impact
Barack Obama: Helvetica Extra Bold
Mike Pence: Chiller
Ben Carson: Giddyup Std

i may have misunderstood this thread

To steal jokes from another thread:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Bernie Sans Win

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So what's a troll's alignment, anyway? I know the book has them as Chaotic Evil (monsters of low intelligence) but I suspect that Milo Yiannopolus is more Neutral Evil, the alignment of most Ayn Randers

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

blamegame posted:

ted cruz: lawful evil
ben carson: sleepy evil

I don't really see Cruz as lawful evil. He's a saving throw away from giving into his lust to torture people in his basement.

I guess I see Lawful Evil people as trying to hew to rational self interest or something, and Cruz is a garbage man who does whatever the gently caress he wants and doesn't care about anything else to the point even his fellow garbage men hate him

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

:q:

couldn't have said it better myself

Mr. Graham, would you care to comment on the alignment of any other republicans/supreme court justices?

Bonus points if you can talk us through creature subtypes

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Grondoth posted:

If a paladin throws a Molotov at a police line that's coming to break up protests about illegal deportation, does he fall?

Lawful is a drag sometimes, but a Palidan is a crusader for good above all

Short answer maybe, depends if the use of force is justified or not

Also, Palidians can make mistakes and get it wrong. ~* The thing that causes you to fall is being too proud to admit your mistake *~

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Mariana Horchata posted:

im gonna be completely honest

I think you should run for C-SPAM president to take over for crazy cloud cause i like ur style, ya got moxie kid - keep on posting

:stoked:

I'd be down for an office run if the opportunity arose. I look forward to being the Nixon to Crazy Cloud's unkillable JFK

Also a typology I forgot: blood type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

CSPAM will like it as the wikipedia article says it developed in opposition to ethnic stereotypes from Europe. It is apparently believed in Japan and Korea and is widely believed enough that a senor pol in the Abe (?) government having a scandal apologized and blamed his blood type for his misbehavior.

Type A
Best traits Earnest, sensible, reserved, patient, responsible and cautious.
Worst traits Fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense, obsessive and pessimistic.

Type B
Best traits Passionate, active, creative, animal loving, flexible, cheerful and optimistic.
Worst traits Irresponsible, forgetful, selfish, lazy, impatient, unreliable and "going own way".

Type AB
Best traits Cool, controlled, rational, sociable, adaptable and intelligent.
Worst traits Critical, indecisive, unforgiving, two-faced, aloof and "split personality".

Type O
Best traits Confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive and athletic.
Worst traits Self-centered, cold, aggressive, unpredictable, arrogant, envious and ruthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Not a Step posted:

Obama is Lawful Neutral. He will compromise on literally anything.

Y'know there's nothing about lawful neutral that says 'compromise.' There were these dudes in planescape called Mercykillers because they literally wanted to kill the concept of mercy. They believed in strict, unbending interpretation of laws, and believed they could make injustice vanish if they doled out enough punishment. Those honkys were Lawful Neutral

Also I can't find Donald Trump's blood type online

On the basis of what I posted, dude is a...O?

Unfortunately blood type classification does not deal with the onset of dementia or other, pre-existing psychology problems

• Locked thread