Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanisher

Yobgoblin posted:

Here in the Photoshop Sweatshop we'll be doing photoshop requests and posting other projects we worked on.

Keep it worksafe.

Don't make Avs here. Go here for that.

h*ck i'm down

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

at one point people were discussing photoshop/gimp techniques, and someone said they didn't get layer masks, and I started putting together a description and a little animation illustrating the concept

the thread sort of died so I never posted it, here's a chance to show some layer mask goodness:

I'd be willing to do a little how-to on stuff in GIMP

Layer masks are good but I rarely use them!

vanisher

For my animations I will typically have a couple base images I will manipulate in frames, then i'll "make new layer from visible" after moving things around to create the animated GIF with stationary images.

To combine GIFs is something I rarely do, but when I do it's frame by frame merging the layers together.

vanisher

They Might Be posted:

Holy cow, that's so much work! Does GIMP not have a tween button for animation frames?

Once you do it a couple times it goes pretty quick

It's also why a lot of my things are short. H*ck I should look into ways to do it easier. Really I have very little skill, but I just spend a lot of time on each image.

vanisher

Great post Manifisto I'm going to try that out.

vanisher

I didn't realize halfway through that I wasn't making an AV out of it, so It's a little smaller dimensions, but here's one option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

haha nice!

• Locked thread