Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
So I'll definitely be joining this. But man, first car I tried making for group A was 300 kg underweight. I tried to make a small car with a small turbocharged engine and I made it too small it seems. Onto the next try, then. Maybe I'll make it a V12, that's a fitting engine for a lower-end group, right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

simplefish posted:

How'd you manage that? Lowest I could get was 200kg-300kg over the mininum

Obviously you don't have to say but I'm wondering if you went for a fibreglass body by mistake

I think it mostly had to do with the body I chose. Even all-steel construction can be pretty light if it's small enough.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

MrChips posted:

Nope, the minimum (apart from the excepted sections) is zero! The reason for this is that certain sections can get a little fucky with negative QPs.

Holy crap, I read that wrong, I thought we were supposed to juggle points so that the QPs for a particular section, ie chassis, engine and trim, came out to zero or less total. This changes things a lot.

Good thing I forgot to send in my car anyway, now I can rebuild parts of it I wasn't happy about.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I hope those accidents were just bad luck. Or does the simulation include drivability? Also:

MrChips posted:

And I will reiterate, my offer to help anyone make their car go faster is still open for anyone willing to take me up on it.

And I have to say that so far I am pretty pleased by the diversity of entries so far; one of them in particular has an engine that even makes me go :stare:

Now that we can't send in new entries, I'm curious as to what engine produced that reaction. Can you tell us, please? Also, will I be allowed to make my engine bigger than it currently is, ie increase it's cc, before the real races start? I'm not sure if it'll help, and I'm not sure if my biggest problem is needing MORE POWER or not(well, I still haven't tuned the group B car that much so I know I can make some gains there), but I want to know.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Probably should've sent in some revisions to my cars already, but :effort:

• Locked thread