Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
In a political forum it would seem ill advised to discuss religion, however in America who gives a poo poo about good advice?!

Discuss thoughts on the Don's possible religious and spiritual beliefs as well as how this election may have swayed pre-existing beliefs. Note, the term religion is used very loosely. This can include any collection of beliefs including and not limited to: agnosticism, nihilism, existentialism, atheism and the hippy dippy tarot, runes, Wiccan, satanist stuff. There is also inclusion for philosophic beliefs, platonic, socratic, stoic and otherwise.

Go wild! What do you think the Trump piss pot dictator believes, what do you believe, and did those beliefs change after the election?

Discuss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

trump has no beliefs

he is a perfect philosophical zombie

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
trump primarily summons and binds lesser hellspawn associated with duke mammon, but since he started easing into the life of a family man in the 80s he's trafficked more and more directly with ba'al molech, whose occult advice advised the furnishing of trump tower's loby

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
You, even if you don't believe in him!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
now any fool knows there's always more power to source through goetic summoning than that infernalist nonsense but who ever accused trump of taking the subtle path when quick and dirty is available

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

zeal posted:

now any fool knows there's always more power to source through goetic summoning than that infernalist nonsense but who ever accused trump of taking the subtle path when quick and dirty is available

:discourse:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

like narcissus staring rapt into the pond, the donald sees only himself in the universe

it is, to him, a cold, barren, lifeless world in which warmth, motion, identity, consciousness and meaning are conferred solely and exclusively by his presence*

*though piss may suggest and / or substantiate the presence of other beings or, at least, independent sources of warmth and yellow hues

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump doesn't give a poo poo about religion. luckily for him, the evangelicals who voted for him in greater numbers than Romney no longer believe that their leaders should be Christ-like (if they ever did). it's more important to them that they be straight-up fascist, because their creed is spite

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

trump doesn't give a poo poo about religion. luckily for him, the evangelicals who voted for him in greater numbers than Romney no longer believe that their leaders should be Christ-like (if they ever did). it's more important to them that they be straight-up fascist, because their creed is spite

the evangelical movement has always been based on racial hate

when racial hate became (briefly) unmarketable they switched to abortion (which they originally supproted!!!! believe it!!!!!!!)

now that racial hate is coming back in vogue we will see them double down on that, they'll keep abortion poo poo in their dossier of hate as well because too many people in their "decision making" ranks are true believers on that front at this point that they will cling to it forever

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
Creed as spite. Do elaborate as this is a sector of the Christian faith that has long fascinated my fellow republican congressman.

What can you tell me are some of the proscriptions of a creed completely and thoroughly devoted to the practice of spite? What spiritual, and more importantly, material benefits can be derived from Spiteaism?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

SpaceGoku posted:

the evangelical movement has always been based on racial hate

when racial hate became (briefly) unmarketable they switched to abortion (which they originally supproted!!!! believe it!!!!!!!)

now that racial hate is coming back in vogue we will see them double down on that, they'll keep abortion poo poo in their dossier of hate as well because too many people in their "decision making" ranks are true believers on that front at this point that they will cling to it forever

What's new this season Cindy?

Race hate! It is hot hot hot this season! Slap a black today!

What fashions will this season bring Cindy?

2 words. Hugo. Boss!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

Creed as spite. Do elaborate as this is a sector of the Christian faith that has long fascinated my fellow republican congressman.
ten years ago, only one-third of evangelicals believed that someone in office that commits a moral failing should stay in office. today, in a country that has had good Christian people like Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, and Mark Sanford fall victim to scandals involving drugs, gay sex, and adultery, that number is up to two-thirds

if you say the right words while loving over people, you can do whatever you want. calvinism is a plague

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ten years ago, only one-third of evangelicals believed that someone in office that commits a moral failing should stay in office. today, in a country that has had good Christian people like Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, and Mark Sanford fall victim to scandals involving drugs, gay sex, and adultery, that number is up to two-thirds

if you say the right words while loving over people, you can do whatever you want. calvinism is a plague

Talk radio. Talk radio is how we did that. That and Fox News. Calvinism is a plague and it has been so for some time.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

SpaceGoku posted:

trump has no beliefs

he is a perfect philosophical zombie

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
This, would suggest he is a pure nihilist. However doesn't nihilism in that of itself demand a certain level of intellectual and moral curiosity?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

He's a big fan of Two Corinthians. Those guys are the best. Believe me.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Trump thinks women should be punished for seeking a legal medical procedure.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

anything

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

Trump thinks women should be punished for seeking a legal medical procedure.

Now, his rhetoric on that can't be trusted, as he has changed his positions on that many a time.

If we look at his family; it appears he has impregnated every woman he has married at least once, but by the second and third wife the number of children borne have been limited to one.

This is in fact unnatural if there has been no birth control used.

This suggests he may personally believe in birth control and may have even paid for abortions in his past.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh I guarantee he's paid for abortions, that's something rich people are allowed to do. But his most recent position is that there should be some sort of punishment for the woman.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

Oh I guarantee he's paid for abortions, that's something rich people are allowed to do. But his most recent position is that there should be some sort of punishment for the woman.

You mean the position he adopted for the rabid sentient earthworms who voted for him and my Sith Lord party.

Note, that I agree that he can be completely fine with separate rules for him and other people. I am merely attempting to pin down the crux of his ideas.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump's current alternative to Obamacare is single-payer, and he's an admitted admirer of the canadian health care system. sure, why the gently caress not

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

trump's current alternative to Obamacare is single-payer, and he's an admitted admirer of the canadian health care system. sure, why the gently caress not

Hm. No. I don't see it. I don't see any evidence of him having the empathy necessary to genuinely fight for or even believe in single payer.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hm. No. I don't see it. I don't see any evidence of him having the empathy necessary to genuinely fight for or even believe in single payer.
of course he's not gonna fight for it, i'm not that stupid. trump gets his political ideals from the last person he's talked to. the first paragraph looks awfully similar to single payer though

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

of course he's not gonna fight for it, i'm not that stupid. trump gets his political ideals from the last person he's talked to. the first paragraph looks awfully similar to single payer though

Yes. However, I suspect that single payer is what he wound up describing by accident, while looking to placate voters who were told they'll likely lose their health insurance.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
really at this point i really wouldnt give a gently caress if donald trump turned out to be the morningstar afterall

what difference would it make??

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Mariana Horchata posted:

really at this point i really wouldnt give a gently caress if donald trump turned out to be the morningstar afterall

what difference would it make??

Honestly?

It's so unlikely I haven't even entertained the possibility. I'm viscerally incapable of conceiving a timeline where the Trump presidency will not be a never ending dumpster fire.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump has been an abject failure at every single thing he's done. he's gone bankrupt 4 times in his real estate racket, and his steaks, for-profit university, and football league have all gone under. there is no way he becomes a stealthily good president

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

trump has been an abject failure at every single thing he's done. he's gone bankrupt 4 times in his real estate racket, and his steaks, for-profit university, and football league have all gone under. there is no way he becomes a stealthily good president

Exactly!

Best case scenario he's an empty suit that my party can control. Worst case, he is that but also insists that he has more agency where military aggression is involved in order to validate his manhood.

Either way, look forward to a worsening economy, forever war, and international incidents that constantly and relentlessly threaten national security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Honestly?

It's so unlikely I haven't even entertained the possibility. I'm viscerally incapable of conceiving a timeline where the Trump presidency will not be a never ending dumpster fire.

says a person posting a pic of their wet nurse. chk ur privilege

• Locked thread