Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
do they also think john dolan was the walter white of russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, there is an exile book?
Edit: lol 500€ used. Maybe I can live without it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's on libgen

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Iran's waiting for them to release an episode before they hit Isreal to keep the show behind the news cycle smdh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cmon mark, say it would be a mistake for a suitcase nuke to be rolled off a shipping container into tel aviv

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The recent episodes on sister podcast The Empire Never Ended about Lawrence Dennis are really fascinating. Yet another American Fascist I'd never heard of but arguably the most important one because of how he networked between all the reactionary ideologues of his day, AND HE WAS BLACK! On the more recent episode they get into the real meat of his career as a fascist, and based on his critique of American racism and his opportunistic drive towards what's clearly a kind of technocracy rather than a real fascism, I couldn't help but think Dennis basically advocated for what liberalism has become today. I'll have to read his biography asap.

They note that Horne makes special mention of how all writers in regards to Dennis ignore or don't acknowledge his radical race critiques. Leftists won't do it because he was a fascist, fascists won't do it because they were racist, and etc,. They also note that Rachel Maddow does the same thing in her book when she mentions Lawrence Dennis, where the broad strokes of his life and beliefs are mentioned but not the race radicalism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1778409846460538972

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

limonov biopic coming out this year, wonder if mark will catch it + share his thoughts

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1778367289017954571

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he brought it up a couple episodes ago.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm a little behind, must have missed that. do you remember what he said about it?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cautiously pessimistic about the actual portrayal of Limonov but looking forward to it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

adebisi lives posted:

Iran's waiting for them to release an episode before they hit Isreal to keep the show behind the news cycle smdh

The Iranians strike tonight
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1778510853244948626?t=WezA1xoJJKOgRQspIugIUg&s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Was thinking about this. The NAFO types are going to blame any lack of material support for ukraine as a moral failing and not the inevitable outcome of the USs own inability to produce the materials to support the war.

Passing any funding for these things isn't going to magically materialize the shells, sams, vehicles and personnel that ukraine needs.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Was thinking about this. The NAFO types are going to blame any lack of material support for ukraine as a moral failing and not the inevitable outcome of the USs own inability to produce the materials to support the war.

Passing any funding for these things isn't going to magically materialize the shells, sams, vehicles and personnel that ukraine needs.

It's the entire First World's failure and not just the United State's. That's why they can't compartmentalize it. Neoliberalism cannot fail it can only be failed by cowards and appeasers.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, it's super convenient that the GOP is playing the bad guys for the libs. Again.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

soyfacing so hard rn

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Hell yeah eclipse chat

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

not gonna lie i was disappointed when it got to "partte wan"

bring back the three hour episodes! :mad:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I know I am in the minority but I find Annibale tedious and tiresome

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jonah Galtberg posted:

thank you

also his audio and my hearing are so bad i basically catch every other word

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Annibale's basically is Liz's crazy. i love them both

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't want to marry annibale tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

mods?? iks????

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imo, annibale is this thread's zizek, in fact

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

i say swears online posted:

thank you

also his audio and my hearing are so bad i basically catch every other word

Annibale episodes are the audio version of watching a subtitled foreign movie.

I enjoy them, but, the moment I stop giving it my full attention, I miss everything he's saying.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
lol I’m relistening. I’ve been reading about Germany in the 30s and 40s so this is helpful.

NoModsNoMasters69
May 17, 2023
I rank all the war nerd guests by how much of a cool weird uncle are they, and Annibale might just be the coolest weirdest uncle of all.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Die

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
like 1/3 of the time the subject doesn't sound super interesting but annibale makes it interesting, 1/3 I end up not paying a ton of attention, 1/3 I'm in from the start. pretty good hit rate for such a frequent guest

accent was easy to get used to, git good haters

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i would love to know what annibale looks like irl, i bet its awesome

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah annibale rules but I also definitely lose track of what's going on if I don't pay close attention or if I don't already have enough baseline knowledge of the topic

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the way Annibale constantly says "uuuuuuhhhhhhh" with such deep vocal fry that you can hear each individual click of his vocal cords is pure ASMR and if you don't like it you should really just get the gently caress out of this thread

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Smh too many Annibale stans in here, Amma-heads loving sound off!!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

nikosoft posted:

Smh too many Annibale stans in here, Ammar-heads loving sound off!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aamer best guest hands-down

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Stop quoting yourself. Stop quoting yourself.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jonah Galtberg posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

the way Annibale constantly says "uuuuuuhhhhhhh" with such deep vocal fry that you can hear each individual click of his vocal cords is pure ASMR and if you don't like it you should really just get the gently caress out of this thread

Calm your autisms, I’m not out to ruin your enjoyment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Calm your autisms, I’m not out to ruin your enjoyment