Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sheeit I didn't know she had a podcast.
https://shadowproof.com/category/dissenter/unauthorized-disclosure/

Throwing another one on my iTunes pile I guess.

It's fairly miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I didn't really like Dolan until he started doing the show, but the show is great

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

His entire purpose for existence is to beef with other journalists

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

tekz posted:

i like both. beefing is good keeps everyone on their toes

It's definitely cool to see them beefing with Charles Lister and Michael Weiss but grudgematching at Omidyar or Glenn Greenwald is a pathetic snoozefest

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Can someone repost his newsletter rebutting Gutman's article? I wish he would just publish that somewhere but then I'd probably have to shell out for it too.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

mark ames raped a drunk, pregnant 15 year old, and bragged about it

in fact when he found out she was 15 he decided he had to have her

According to him this was all fiction.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

prefect posted:

In either the latest RWN episode or the one about the Crimean War (those were the ones I listened to today), he said it was actually Medvedev that shut him down. (He pronounces it "Medvyedev".)

Regardless of how you spell it the guy was an obvious Putin puppet.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I like the retreads because they're mostly about Syria which is the most interesting thing going on ATM.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I want to like them and there are some really good episodes(iran iraq war, ww1 Italian front) but holy poo poo, they bend over backwards to suck putin and assads dicks. like i get the view of there are no good/sane factions in syria, but everything is apperently a western/american lie and it comes off as very tankie/ameriKKKa at times. this is coming from someone who likes chapo and other left leaning poo poo and is mixed about the russia conspiracy poo poo.

They're completely right about all that stuff.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

The overwhelming value of RWN for normies is that it does a really good job underlining how the Western media actually is biased. They really do excuse or ignore Western aggression, atrocities, and misdeeds while pushing those of foreign powers opposed to America to the extreme. No, they're not equivalent to RT, but they have a strong ideological bias. What they're saying isn't really any different from what a way less edgy guy like Noam Chomsky is saying; they just don't mince words about it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

The guest on the latest war nerd kinda creeped me out. Elijah Magnier is a hardcore pro-regime guy and I really hope they don't end up going that route.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Helsing posted:

Do you have any good examples of why his analysis is untrustworthy or should be viewed with particular suspicion?

I don't think he's necessarily untrustworthy. It's just that his opinions consistently come down as pro-regime and anti-everybody else.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Considering the circumstances beng pro-regime is understandable. He seemed pretty fair to YPG in the interview so :shrug:.

I don't really think so. He said they're basically going to be unable to govern and don't even have the support of most Kurds, let alone Arabs. He wasn't overtly hostile though.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Phone posted:

yeah he was fairly explicit about mentioning who wants regime change and why. if he is as pro regime change as you say he is, i didn't hear much about that in the episode.

Pro-regime, as in supporting the regime, not pro-regime change.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

The media has done an amazing job of demonizing Assad as some sort of psychotic turbo-Hitler even though he's really just a run-of-the-mill dictator of the sort the US supports all over the place, and it's been so effective that I really don't see any hope of challenging it if they've already managed to brainwash someone.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Now that I remember Carl mentioned Cat poo poo One/Apocalypse Meow in the Sino-Japanese War episode. That manga was pretty tight.

Cat poo poo One

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I can't wait for the episode where Carl explains moe anthropomorphization of boats/planes/etc.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/908309855122763776

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

"Mediocre lunacy" is a great way to describe late liberalism

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Great Max Blumenthal cast this week

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I'm Mark Ames bitch. gently caress yo couch.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Pisspiggrandpa or someone else?

Nah; it's Patrick from the TMU.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

dinoputz posted:

lmao what's this about RWN accidentally intiervieiwinig a nazi

Who?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Oh, you probably mean Pat. He's not a Nazi. He's got some right-wing views and has said plenty of dumb things but he's definitely not a Nazi, a fascist or anything like it.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

dinoputz posted:

Yeah, I was trying to moderate my response a bit. So he's like Jack Murphy, eh? Good. I enjoyed Jack Murphy's interview a lot, because even though Ames & Dolan are total opposite those guys, it's a fun world to explore that world. As for Patriick, I was scared that flareup on the patreon page was going to get a lot bigger. should be thankful that patreon isn't tumblr heh.

Jack Murphy is some sort of paleocon. Pat's just a dude. He doesn't have an ideology you can really categorize. He complains about capitalism but he complains about immigration too, so if you wanted to be really uncharitable you could describe him as a crypto-Strasserist, (and the reason that's so uncharitable is because he's not actually a racist and is a firm supporter of democracy). Mainly what he's said is that fighting in Syria made him extremely cynical, nihilistic and apolitical.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I mean one of Pat's main claims to fame is publicly calling out the YPG for refusing to treat Arab and ISIS-member casualties equally compared to Kurds. I don't care for his politics but the guy's not even close to Nazi.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I care, Pat's cool.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

He was a pretty traditional demsoc before he went over. It's the experience that got him on this nationalist trip. I don't think he cares about illegals; it's European refugee crisis stuff.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Nah they absolutely love him and he's coming back for a second ep.

Thug Lessons has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Mar 5, 2018

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I kinda worry about John because it seems like he's sick all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I'm really looking forward to hearing how Mark and John are going to cover that insane story out of Ukraine where they faked a journalist's death "to lure out the Russians".