Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

What are some morally good companies I can work for and take money from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

crepeface posted:

at the time, i thought the eps about ukraine and pipelines with ben aris were really good, but his recent appearance makes me question how accurate it was

love when goons have these little meltdowns over Problematic Content

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

his assessment of the oil and gas sanctions was that they would have been far more effective if they had been instituted before the russians had had time to find alternative export markets. this is self-evidently true. his additional comment that they would have been effective enough to cause widespread protests, bring down putin, etc etc is a lot more arguable, but is obviously secondary to the central point. it's extremely goony to miss that and to get fixated on such a minor part of the whole.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I'm glad they didn't to be honest - Mark is a great interviewer but John can be horribly awkward (though 2v1 interviews can't be easy), and almost all their episodes lately have been interviews so it's a nice change of pace

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Like every other episode they joke about waffentwerpen and hardware fetishisation, this isn't that kind of show. They talk about hardware but usually only in broad strokes, and other topics like the politics of procurement and arms manufacturers are almost always the main focus

Jonah Galtberg has issued a correction as of 01:46 on Jul 23, 2023

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

well, the issue is that a lot of the advances in mine clearing are not about hardware it's about how one organises grids and trains clearing teams etc., which really has changed quite a bit over the past couple of decades. how this stuff is organised on a higher level is also very interesting, because it's largely outsourced to NGOs as jobs for the more idealistic segment of ex-Troops

This is interesting, I agree, but the episode isn't any weaker for its omission.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

I think he looks good, and headline aside, he supports class first leftism throughout and points to idpol emerging after Occupy as weakening the left. It's just that the only people who will give you a platform to talk about that are the right.

I would agree with you but this is Matt Taibbi we're talking about, if he ever had any genuine principles he purged them from his soul many years ago

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

that's right - it's not just about finding people who you share a common grievance with, you need to find the ones that are willing to do hosed up things and die for the cause

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

i say swears online posted:

yes but it's finkelstein on trueanon

https://soundcloud.com/trueanonpod/its-not-too-late

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's a big difference between "Israel did Oct. 7th" and "Israelis were warned about Oct. 7th but did nothing thinking they couldn't be beaten."

in degrees of retardation perhaps

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I know I am in the minority but I find Annibale tedious and tiresome

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

the way Annibale constantly says "uuuuuuhhhhhhh" with such deep vocal fry that you can hear each individual click of his vocal cords is pure ASMR and if you don't like it you should really just get the gently caress out of this thread

Calm your autisms, I’m not out to ruin your enjoyment

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Before you post another kys at me for not liking a podcast guest that you do like, take several deep breaths and ask yourself if this is what you really want to be doing

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

post hole digger posted:

no one said that.

educate yourself before posting or you’ll look silly

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mandel Brotset posted:

cheif, sweaty, bucko

champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU