Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Dolan, you can't pull RSS feeds you will regret this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Sounds like rwn is already doing another Afghanistan episode lol

I just listened to it and the guest was great

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

John brings up a point I never considered. How the gently caress you gonna let Lee just resign and walk out lmao. My mind is loving blown by this simple thing I never bothered to consider.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I was reading about how Pickett, the same guy from the charge, fled the country after the war. It looked like he might face trail for executing captured Union soldiers who were from Southern states because he personally considered them all traitors and deserters.

Grant pulled strings to get him back in the country and out of trouble.

America has always just been incredibly dumb

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Slightly behind but these confederates were very bad guys!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Listening to the latest civil war episode, taking a look around me at the current state of things and having a little chuckle.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Carl Zha more like Carl Yea I'll listen to multiple parts on the subject. Lots of cool poo poo I didn't know about in the one.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1458596442386296832

:thunk:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The deep state at work yet again

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Love Mark but the Piss Tape is real.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's time to move on

How can I move on from the truth OP

e: This McClellan guy sure sounds pretty sus as the kids say nowadays!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

yes sir

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:gonk:

That injury sounds horrible

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hmm.
https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1478492620464795649

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

New episode is back to form baby. I'm loving loving the "Northern leaders were all traitors" thesis developing.

It rocks and the more episodes we get the more correct he is. Feels like the South lost in terms of losing slavery but just keps getting wins for the rest of American history.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wondering what kind of new terrorist groups will be coming out of Ukraine after a bunch of these arms shipments get lost and end up in Ukrainian fascist hands. Euro ISIS? Ukraine Al Qaeda maybe?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

foust is a particular kind of boozy acela corridor lunatic --- there are many and they inhabit that area and have their fingers in the intelligence agencies, media, and think-tank worlds

or maybe the drink-tank world :tinsley:

It's a shame these DC assholes are referenced by Acela, sullying the name of an honorable train.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Russian move into Ukraine is odd and not sure what their long play is but I'm looking forward to learning about it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

As a follower of number I really enjoyed this episode because "the west" really did fire off the sanctions gun with no thought behind the consequences this time around.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I listened to the latest episode twice. I like this guest even if he ends up being wrong, and like others have mentioned he contradicted himself a few times. He still made a strong case that this thing is going on for the long haul because no one can or has to back down, perhaps least of all Russia

I liked at the end when he mentioned he finished his wine. Probably what hanging out at some intellectual bar is like or something.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I did a huge soy face when he pulled out the Jamarcus Russell line because it was so unexpected but hilarious and easy for a dumb guy like me to understand.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/DanielRoher/status/1517530824694013953?t=aG6jEH1USPE-J1NqeiaP2Q&s=19

Wonder if Mark will be watching this

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The recent episode where they talked about Azov battalion being whitewashed in real time is happening because my lib family said I'm buying into Russian propaganda for saying they were Nazis. I can only assume it's happening everywhere.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/eigenrobot/status/1532118178817400832

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

crepeface posted:

hey ben aris is back on to talk economic war re: ukraine/russia

He's a great guest, totally called the shortage fallout from the sanctions.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thinking about the drone episode and I have to agree with John that cheap and dispensible will win out long term versus big and expensive. It looks like others agree.
Drone Swarm Launcher Truck Displayed At China’s Big Arms Expo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

brugroffil posted:

Enjoyed the mini series on the end days of the ottomans

It's been cool to hear since I don't know much of anything about it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Nothus posted:

I listen to a lot of ambient while I work. I really like Brendan's work and I wish more of it was available on bandcamp.

As a fellow ambient-head I agree that Brendan's intermissions are fantastic.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Tanks are really loving heavy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

listened again, hilarious to end with ‘the debt is paid’ from hersh.

I wonder how Mark took that. If it was me I'd feel so down lol.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I just now got around to listening to the latest Ben Aris episode and agree that he's good at number and flow of materials but can have weird opinions on other things.

The "global south" has always been more resource rich but if that wealth stays concentrated up top then it doesn't really change the board. I do agree with the premise that Germany is hosed though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I wonder when they will get around to discussing the latest Russian event. Seems odd!