Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's funny how obviously giddy John is for the entire carrier fleet to get utterly annihilated by Iranian or Chinese rockets/drones. But you know, same

and then the nukes would fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

chiming in in agreement that this civil war series is very good, my civil war public school education was not very good, and this is the best podcast

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

when mark and yasha poo poo on greenwald, which side does the glenn thread take?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

obv not the same but i believe mike duncan said he'll be covering the russian civil war this season

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

$10/month? i pay $5/month and get all the episodes and newsletters........

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I haven’t listened to the episode yet does he actually say that verbatim ??

Because I posted exactly that like a month ago on one of his tweets and only like two people ever read it and now it’s being referenced on my favorite podcast lmao

Guess this is where I e-peak

he does, but they're tweets (including from randygdub) not from cspam

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

noah is insane

https://twitter.com/newyorkist/status/1463651764209602560?s=21

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"the ulna went through the elbow like a freight train" jesus christ john, hope it heals alright and the pain/complications have crested

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i love whenever mark and john poo poo on blinken for playing guitar, always cracks me up just so much disdain for him

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ukrainian alpha 66

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

john's mentioned matt karp's book a few times during the acw series, i wonder if they'll have him on too

looking fwd to the cush ep tho

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

you can listen to mike duncan get radicalized from being a center left lib into a left lib

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Ben is such a good guest, his area of expertise is right in their blind spot.

he is a good guest but i thought on this ep he was making a lot of confident predictions for someone who got the invasion wrong

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zedhe Khoja posted:

they rarely challenge their guests
see: The Igbo Supremacy Power Hour where you learn that Muslim Nigerians are worthless government mooches who breed too much

at least on this most recent episode when the guest was going on toward the end about how (relatively) easily russia could withstand all the sanctions mark asked what a worst case scenario might be

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm just seeing this a week late but what the gently caress @ this headline, dolan should sue!

https://twitter.com/leee_harris/status/1509178727472812042

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

War Nerd Tropes:

John tells the A-10 story
John says surface ships are death traps
Crecy and Agincourt discussed as one event
John talks about his latest illness or mishap
Mark talks about a family member's latest illness or mishap
John praises Rojava
Both hosts talk about how much they don't know about Asia and Africa
"American Glasnost"
"Back when we were at the Exile/Pando"
The evil of the British Empire is discussed

"f35" —— drink!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

carnation revolution series let's gooooooo hell yes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

new ep up

edit dolan has a 3m x 2m commissioned "kurdish battlep painting" sitting in storage lol

it’s criminal they didn’t include a pic in the show notes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

christ this is quite the descent

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1602594691761180673

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

incredible

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol i just came to post that

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Spime Wrangler posted:

drat that was some high octane interviewing

a coup to get hersh and a coup to get hersh to talk about how he found and validated some of his sources

and a coup to have hersh poo poo on bellingcat! you know mark and john got a huge kick out of that

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dude's earned his right to be a little cranky many times over

i was just going through some of his osama + syria interviews and found his first response to chris cuomo here hilarious ("thanks for coming on" hersh: "okay") https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpzNgN5Jssc

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Haven't heard the interview yet, but I remember Ames being taken aback when Hersh made a small but complimentary remark about him in his memoir, so for me thats an additional payoff.

that's how mark scored the interview as told in the ep

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

more Hersh interviews:

New Left Review
https://newleftreview.org/sidecar/posts/how-to-blow-up-a-pipeline

Jacobin
https://jacobin.com/2023/02/seymour-hersh-interview-nord-stream-pipeline

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i haven't listened to a ton of the earlier episodes but these first came to mind

Years of Lead series w/ Annibale

Yeltsin 1993 Coup series

Grand Mosque Seizure w/ Aamer

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

no disrespect but he comes across a lot more bumbling and less cogent here than in the RWN inteview

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

gotta have someone like fincher who can rein him in and use sorkin's skills to the film's advantage

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

there were some sweeping generalities of soviet era daily life that seemed a bit weird

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

haven't finished the episode but glad to hear Moss on RWN, he's a great resource of knowledge and I don't know how he hasn't gone insane by now

he didn't really talk very much

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

300 proved the spartans right for doing eugenics bc that perfidious hunchback went turncoat on them

hope all that persian strange was worth it bro!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

limonov biopic coming out this year, wonder if mark will catch it + share his thoughts

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1778367289017954571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm a little behind, must have missed that. do you remember what he said about it?