Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Just subbed for and finished the Italy miniseries. Itavia flight 870 is the most legit :psyduck: thing I've heard that's half legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Is there a newer patreon RSS feed? The one I have plugged into my player cuts out at the 90s for whatever reason.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Anyone else underwhelmed with the Nigeria episode? Felt like more of the episode was spent on US politics, when the audio was even parsable. Also got the vibe of real trash progressive/liberal electioneering insights, but that's the risk you run into when covering an election I guess.

Paraguay episode was lit tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

i say swears online posted:

yeah I haven't been able to go blackwolf in months

hosed up if true

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

This year in world of wars, we start off with Mark's campaign against a dumbass PE teacher and his defenders in the PTA.

Casualties: several hurt elementary schoolers feelings, carpel tunnel by the PTA moderator

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

John talking in one show about not having to imagine what it would be like to be Ignatius was a good and illuminating moment.

Actually one of the single funniest bits on the show

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Goon project: get the Vicky 3 director onto Radio War Nerd to discuss map games

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Truly suffering from success

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

what drives a man to be a poster when there are still kittens batting down his gates

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Johns gonna get covid from all these meetups lmao

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm not saying the former are not important, but i think another problem is that an aggressive organizing push right away in the sectors that are "basically national security level risks if they became militant" is going to face retaliation. without the increase in quantity, an increase in quality alone will produce defeat. the retail workers among other industries in this new service economy is like our "countryside" and the primary sector industries are the "cities."

:goatsecx:

i will follow chairman BrutalMacdonald into the swamps and become a greeter there

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

they're all just temporarily confused roman citizens anyways, dont see what the issue is

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Annibale should be the Mario voice actor

Mario as political advisor to peach using irl metaphors to describe the geopolitical landscape around mushroom kingdom, becoming machiavelli on shrooms

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Yeah im impressed that he just now got his first bout, thought he'd have gotten got from some of those bar meetups/live shows

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

fabergay egg posted:

spite can drive any man to madness

gently caress you no it cant

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

ah i was wondering what the deal was with the Omidyar shade, had never heard of them before. Yeah thats a bit grim lmao

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

the drug cartels

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Yadoppsi posted:

I was rereading the War Nerd Iliad and I came across this line I just had to share. Remember Dolan is not trying to provide a word to word translation of the poetry but replicate the humor and mnemonic tricks with the paragraph structure:

lmao, good bit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

lollontee posted:

you just did that

Show me the campfire :colbert:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

da hersh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

War Nerder

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

idk what yall are talking about that was a good ep

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

i live in the deep south, having yall priv is literally the only thing going for me

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

a little stilted but its got the spirit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I knew that they basically fruitlessly hosed around for a bit with some famous and soon-to-be famous people pissing about, but I hadn't considered the military toy testrun angle before.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

hows john the oldest being born with the USSR bomb when I thought annibale grew up in fascist italy?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Popy posted:

5 part series where Annibale explains the horus heresy to the guys

and Molech, it is, uh, a very interesting place in how it fits into this

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Radio War Nerd - I have a long history of being trolled,

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

enjoying this story about totally legit election observation

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Old man kissing and fondling ali bongo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

crepeface posted:

the Gabon election observer stories were great :allears:

it's such a nice little distillation of the entire imperial network. Ames did make a good point about how the deep dive, off the road micro stuff can really help to contrast the broader trends you might miss from just going headline to headline

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Read the newsletters occasionally whenever I think im too dour. John really has a way with prose that makes you feel like superman in comparison

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

John's relationship with the woman who created the Human Terrain Project for the GWOT is extremely funny. Even in his romantic retelling, which mentions Irish poetry, the Easter Rising and the IRA in the first few paragraphs, the woman had so many red flags you have to think he's a masochist on some level.

the who and the what?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

yeah, I was half awake but good bits, book sounds great

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

3 episodes this week

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

straight edge dentist is a good bit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Gay whiney Hitler

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

what were the prospects on irish unification?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

sounds about right yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah picked up on the “far right and far left” equivalence, i guess he’s one of those journalists best left in front of spreadsheets and logistic flows and any question on geopolitics or human emotions gets you an answer worthy of garry kasparov

I read that as less "they're the same" and more "the delegitimization of the centre will cause the periphery of politics to gain power" though lol @ the left