Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Also Ames is cool because despite being kicked out of Russia due to the Exiled making GBS threads on Putin several times he's still considered by libs as a Russian FSB ageny.

Isn't Ames a pedo who verbally abuses women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I think he's right tho

Doesn't make him wrong about politics just lame

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like the work the Intercept does, and Greenwald has been doing good reporting on Brazil and the United States lately, but that doesn't mean I have to trust them.

Why is bring owned by Omidyar different from Thiel tho

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pener, do you have any clear memory of which RWN episodes are essentially repeats? I feel like I hear a lot of the same points in different episodes (e.g., Russian bombing campaign working despite Western media reactions, ISIS being young hotheaded jocks who have no lives/empathy, etc.).

You have a good list of "must listen" episodes but I heard reference to other interesting material like their podcast on the Nagorno-Karabakh war. I just wanna skip the episodes that rehash old information

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

To the extent that they seem to "apologize" for Russia, it's more that they smelled the bullshit coming from a mile away vis-a-vis the early reports of the Russian intervention failing and predicted that it would in fact succeed. They also make clear that some of Syria's minorities are under threat by extremist Sunni militias, and that Assad is a bulwark against that.

Also, RWN even cheered the U.S. bombing ISIS around Rojava, so I think their bias is especially pro-Kurdish/anti-ISIS more than anything else.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dolan is one of the most underrated writers of our time, imo. Not many people can pull off his kind of comedy regarding deadly serious topics, while still maintaining a genuine sense of empathy. I'm referring to Dolan's own editorial voice of course, not when he was writing in-character as Gary Brecher.

What is this whole Brecher/Dolan binary about?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Carl Zha... goddamn.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I finally caught up for the first time ever, and then right as I caught up a new pod came out today. :v:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

somebody should tip Will Menaker that the Dolans will be in NYC so they can get John on Chapo.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

The worst thing the interview is endorsing is Direct TV. Gonna unsubscribe over that.

???

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so i subscribed to the patreon now how do i get this poo poo on my phone?

Download podcast addict and you can basically subscribe to a zillion podcast rss feeds that you'll never listen to, with a really great interface at that. Plus the download process is super easy. For RWN though you'll need to input the rss link

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm sorry but this article is maybe a bit too positive towards Limonov http://exiledonline.com/moscow-babylon-free-edward-limonov/

The connection between Mark Ames and Strasserism might not extend beyond this but it's still not a good look

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Also Mark Ames is on record as a denier of the piss tape, which is real

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

mila kunis posted:

What the gently caress is going on in the greenwald thread here, seems like a bunch of d&d morons doing intelligence community fud unmolested

Glenn is a goon now?

He might be better if he didn't come to bat for Milo and Alex Jones over free speech, or boost Tulsi Gabbard so much

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

seems to mostly be people nursing decades old grudges

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Are you really going to drag my shitposting into this when you've unironically justified reeducation camps for Muslims in Xinjiang?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

R. Guyovich posted:

strongly considering issuing a resolution recognizing c-spam as the legitimate politics forum on sa

Rivalry with Guyovich ended. Now he is my best friend

Betraying my leftcom tendencies and forming a popular front to own the libs at D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

There's a lot to be said about how many Civil War generals spent lots of time killing Mexicans during the Mexican-American War and then immediately took to exterminating indigenous tribes during and after the Civil War. So much of what was going through the minds of officials during the war was who was going to have that sweet sweet Western territory after everything had settled