Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
cool podcast I like it a lot thanks for the heads up, im a podcast guy now so this is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

All of them.

I'm looking through the backlog to see which ones were especially noteworthy. A lot of them get dated because the early episodes were a lot more topical, and only an hour long.

Episode 10 is interesting, because that was the episode when War Nerd commented on Amnesty International's report about YPG/J ethnic cleansing of Arab villages, and AI wrote back saying they weren't doing any of that.

Episode 14 was around the time of the Oregon Militia standoff, so they did a bit about the Mormons' history of warfare with Midwest Protestants & the Federal government.

Episode 18 was the Patrick Cockburn interview on the rise of ISIS.

Episode 20 was the Tim Shorrock interview on Korea, and the history of conflict with the North.

As I'm writing this I'm realizing that my War Nerd fandom is gonna lead me into recommending too much so I'm gonna try and recommend the essentials. I'm just going to bold all the key words.

Episode 30 was the Opium Wars episode.

Episode 39 is about the Cold War counterinsurgencies around the world, with a special feature on Eduard Lansdale - the CIA sociopath who was the inspiration for The Quiet American.

Episode 44: the Nukes episode with physicist Dr. Sunil Sanais. It was recommended earlier ITT and it's a good one.

Episode 47: the North Carolina Civil War episode with David Forbes (prequel to the Sci-Fi & Fascism ep).

Episode 48: I know I'm recommending too much anyway, but this is a top-tier episode about The Italian Front of WW1, and poet, national hero, and raging rear end in a top hat Gabriele d'Annunzio.

Episode 49: is the second Patrick Cockburn interview.

Pretty much everything past this point has been definitely worth listening too, but I'd especially highlight episode 56: The Sikhs.

And of course, Episode 64: The Sci-Fi & Fascism episode is the god tier.

thanks so much, i just moved out and didnt bring a tv because i thought i didnt need one but the silence is brutal. episode 56 it is