Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Dolan is churning these episodes out and they're all pretty fantastic. First 3 episodes straight of Venice, and now Xenophon.
Happy as a pig in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Has Dolan done any shows specifically about Victorian England?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
It might have been the episode about Genghis, since he was pretty "self-made" as conquerors go and I remember them commenting on that at length. And I think they talked about the Ethiopian general in India who was bought as a slave. Not sure if they ever talked about Al-Saffar but he comes alot in these kinds of discussions because he's usually described as a blacksmith (he was also an ayyar which is pretty relevant to becoming a warlord).

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

A picture of an early 20th century royal prince and his princess, modern day Indonesia.

Congrats Carl

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Dhofar revolution episode 215 is excellent.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
a list of Burmese militant groups is kinda like opening a paradox games save file in Microsoft word

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
To be fair crusader knights on foot isn't that inaccurate (during the first crusade) as they had lost most of their horses after the march through central Anatolia...which was the Turks main horse pastures so I never really got how they hosed that up so bad.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Yeah I'm not surprised soldiers were dying. Central Anatolia isn't crop country even today. Sparsely populated steppes. But it is extremely suitable for the survival of livestock and horses so I don't see how they lost most of their cavalry capability marching across it except I guess they were eating them.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Also they suck at doing the paperwork for residency and so just move every time their tourist visa expires.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

net work error posted:

Wondering what kind of new terrorist groups will be coming out of Ukraine after a bunch of these arms shipments get lost and end up in Ukrainian fascist hands. Euro ISIS? Ukraine Al Qaeda maybe?

nah the closest analog is the Grey Wolves.
azov battalion guys are gonna murdering left wingers all over Europe on Americas behalf for the rest of our lives once the eastern Ukraine stuff cools off.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don't know who Carl Zha is but goddamn don't click that cat tweet if you like animals, what a bummer

I feel for him. Since I moved to Istanbul I pretty regularly bring in and try to nurse the cats in the area and get them to vets, but the attrition rates are pretty dire regardless. The kittens are the worst because they bond with you even if you don't want them to and also have the worst outcomes.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
they rarely challenge their guests
see: The Igbo Supremacy Power Hour where you learn that Muslim Nigerians are worthless government mooches who breed too much

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I know they talked White Guard in that very early episode (19?) on torture and prisoners of war.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
hmmmm....meat tea

is there anything british cuisine can't do?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Hedenius posted:

https://youtu.be/hT0tCSaWZ9Q

Love blasting away Muslim cockroaches with my best friend and defender of democracy!

Forget the ads the guy personally mauled a racial minority while screaming slurs as part of trying to gently caress Gaidars daughter.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
post the content hog man

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I dearly hope the next episode is the Anibale one they were spitballing focusing on D'Annunzio. It's a loving crime that the only podcast that has covered him is the lovely Robert Evans one.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
anyone who has ever played a game of pickleball should be thrown into a loving cage
1 to 1 correlation on being an unrepentant psychopath

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

lol her page was purged of any reference to her interview where she kept complaining about jews

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

300 proved the spartans right for doing eugenics bc that perfidious hunchback went turncoat on them

hope all that persian strange was worth it bro!!

it is.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
he's settled into being a nice north eastern liberal who spends 90% of his time hyperventilating about his kid's allergies.
a fate worse than death imo

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
dumb name too

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The absolutely funniest TENE episode is the one on William Dudley Pelley, because Pelley was probably the most schizophrenic American who ever lived and he also led the closest thing the United States ever had to an organized fascist movement with the Silver Legion. He was so schizophrenic that he predicted the specific date and time for their fascist takeover, and Silver Legion members would openly admit it to newcomers, including barely undercover FBI agents.

you know i thought about subscribing to TENE when they were on RWN but decided against it cuz I didn't care about the balkans that much.
happy to find they have the same morbid fascination with fascist and reactionary weirdos I do. They might deserve :10bux:'

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
*shrug* policing your Spotify list isn’t politics.

a bigger problem is that there is maybe 1.5 worthwhile artists across the entire genre so you objectively have bad aesthetic taste

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
gotta make sure they don’t take Aliyevs bullshit assurances seriously

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Was the US just relying on their anti communism, and probably some really racist beliefs about brown people?

yes. when the US first started arming the afghan mujahids, way back before the soviet intervention, they ran glowing writeups in every paper about how they were slaughtering the commie teachers and their slutty bitch daughters because of how much they loved freedom. the more psychotic a fundamentalist you were the better, in basically every country except iran because of weird historical processes making the religious establishment side with the peasants sometimes.

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Oct 22, 2023

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I’m glad they brought up the navalny hate crime story in that. it’s probably the most important thing to know about his past to establish that he was a “no really a massive loving racist nazi”. even his dumb commercial doesn’t really compare to actually mutilating a man while screaming racial slurs.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
do they also think john dolan was the walter white of russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the way Annibale constantly says "uuuuuuhhhhhhh" with such deep vocal fry that you can hear each individual click of his vocal cords is pure ASMR and if you don't like it you should really just get the gently caress out of this thread