Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ignorant Hick posted:

I'd have liked that last episode a lot more if they hadn't joked about the spitting southern women being declared free game to rape.

when did that happen?

Ignorant Hick posted:

Either side actually buying into that poo poo isn't going to loving matter when it comes to sexual assault, dumbass. And don't bullshit me, how is declaring them "ladies of the night" not a sexual context?

The entire point was to treat members of the plantation aristocracy as what they de facto were. Rebellious citizenry that were being occupied by a pacifying force. Butler hanged that dork who tore up the US flag.

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 03:03 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ceramic Shot posted:

The thing about using "slaves as property" as a justification to "confiscate" them as a legal basis for not having to return them to their former owners was interesting.

It was a lawyerly excuse made up by a guy who was starting to get sick of the South's poo poo. It rules that Butler went from Doughface to Thaddeus Stevens levels throughout the war.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Vietnam was the peak of american military aesthetic. Flak Jackets and M1 helmets >>> 3 million operator tacticool gear.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I like big cooling towers and cannot lie.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Spime Wrangler posted:

hottest unionist civil war podcast crossover event of the season incoming

Finally.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Despite being from a completely different part of the world and generation, I can relate to the war nerd's love for looney tunes cartoons.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

StashAugustine posted:

exposing random people to pictures of a mutilated infant, to own the people who thought Hiroshima was a bit much?

drat, I don't think the late era termite terrace shorts were that terrible.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The gas update episode was really illuminating and interesting.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm deeply jealous of everyone who attended the live show. Also the Blowback crossover is another nice episode. Definitely feels like perfect timing to revisit the Korean War, especially with an American Korean war movie coming out.

What movie?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Depressing if enlightening episode.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Breaker of Horses is a cool title.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hey come on, he did start his tour with ames.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
There were armored rhinos in that movie lol.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think anyone watched the 300 sequel.
I watched it on a plane. Eva Green showed her boobs

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
also there were a lot of funny meems.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zedhe Khoja posted:

yes. when the US first started arming the afghan mujahids, way back before the soviet intervention, they ran glowing writeups in every paper about how they were slaughtering the commie teachers and their slutty bitch daughters because of how much they loved freedom.

wait what?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No the mujahideen giving the slutty commie daughters a good shag and glasgow smile to correct them sounds like some sort of hosed up coomer idea.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
russians ran the 7-2 meta but forgot to switch to gun factories.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oblivion? Big deal. Like I haven't been there already.

yeah, the music is good and there are fun goofy characters with potato faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021