Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

lmao the inappropriate content warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

john dolans favorite poet is wallace stevens and,hell, same here

great poet

recently learned about this sadly

Stevens's contempt for people of African descent may be evident in various ways, e.g., his use of the phrase "friend of the family mystics" in his poem "Prelude to Objects", and the title of his poem "Like Decorations on a friend of the family Cemetery". Too, "It happened during the meeting of the National Book Award committee that gave the poetry prize to Marianne Moore. [F]ive [judges, including] Wallace Stevens ... passed the time looking at photographs of previous meetings of National Book Award judges. Gwendolyn Brooks appeared in one of these. On seeing the photo, Stevens remarked, 'Who’s the coon?' ... Noticing the reaction of the group to his question, he asked, 'I know you don’t like to hear people call a lady a coon, but who is it?'”[84]

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

still less of a problematic fave than celine lol

he was my favourite writer at some point when i was in high school lol (never read the pamphlets and all poo poo though)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i say swears online posted:

oh dear. age really creeps up on you, mark. staring at the departure board i accidentally mistook 'khartoum' for 'restroom' and now katherine has joined the janjaweed

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

crepeface posted:

well, you are a mod

:pwn:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
started to read dolan's novel

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
yeah it's funny

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
finished it. it's no confederacy of dunces but still pretty well written. a couple of strange anti-stalin diatribes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022