Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

war nerd is bad and dumb

yikes, I burnt my hands on this hot take! can someone else hold it?

edit: there's your original post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I was kind of hoping the Chapo episode was actually going to be about World of Warcraft.

while the Night Elves have existed as a society for well over 12,000 years, it can be stated that the recent introduction of the unbound Undead to Azeroth's power structure has ramifications for its power structures,

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

this dude fucks

thank whoever for John Dolan

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shakenbaker posted:

of the lefty podcasts I've heard the Trillbillies are the ones with the purest hate and it isn't even close

this is the truth

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

John Dolan pouring over non-canon and supplemental literature, trying to discover why the hell anyone would use shielding and lasguns if the outcome is a thermonuclear explosion

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wouldn’t use “leisure” to describe Dolan’s life, but at least they don’t have to worry about money anymore.

he has more important things to worry about, such as whether or not to cross the street to avoid walking on a bulls-eye painted onto the sidewalk

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

uhhhhhhhhhhhh euuuuuuuuuughhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

There's a War Nerd community facebook page

I want a Palmyra ep

I also endorse a Belisarius ep

Khanate splinters! Khanate splinters! *pounding fork and knife on table*

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

The interview was just sort of awkward. I say that not having finished it though.

The worst interview they ever had was the former Africa correspondent for the New York Times, who was a just extremely condescending. His brain was fully part of the US foreign policy blob.

what did that sanctimonious gently caress hope to achieve by going on The War Nerd

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FacelessVoid posted:

I bet these UFOs are regular planes, weather balloons and the like. People put too much faith in military hardware and personnel. It seems reasonable to conclude that experienced pilots and sophisticated military hardware cannot make such mistakes but it happens all the time. Perspective and optical illusions can fool the best humans. Radar can glitch. Objects can look very different in infrared versus visible light. People have crashed jets because they didn't know they were flying upside down.

In the Nimitz incident you have accounts from multiple sources of something bizarre happening. But it should be noted that these sources don't show the same event happening at the same time. They show different events happening at around the same time that also happen to be very strange. It seems unlikely that this could be a coincidence. But consider the vast amount of people flying, and cameras and radar in use then coincidences like these are more likely to occur. We never hear about all the times fighters get scrambled because of a radar blip and just sees a flock of birds.

we don't really think about it today, but remember the time before drones? that anyone would be flying something the size of a golf cart at people?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Greg Legg posted:

It finally happened to me. In what I hope will become a war nerd tradition, I was momentarily locked in the bathroom at work today

I feel that every War Nerd fan has some story to share about becoming locked in a bathroom and the despair that resulted from it

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

skooma512 posted:

A. Blinken

(say it out loud)

this is the exact first thing I did when first heard about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

sure but when you’ve been spiking the ball on other people for getting things wrong, it’s time for a lot of introspection when you are the one who is owned

ames made fun of people for leaving the country just a few days ago!

I think every single one of them felt like they ran through a brick wall when they heard