Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dolan kicked out of the IRA for hating the british empire too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Joementum posted:

the owl demanded it and john was powerless to resist its wrath

he owned up to getting defrauded by a fake UK travel papers site in the same episode :lmao:

I guess he has no experience with or interest in either slot machines or gacha games so the gamification poo poo really works on him

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

hearing about how the CIA tried to do the russian sex tape thing to sukarno in indonesia half a century earlier was illuminating (it didn't work then, either)

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've spoken to a bunch of liberal friends and family about this and even they have reached the conclusion that the government just left everyone to die. The only ones who argued back were a few of my friends who are hardcore dems (lol).

I'm surprised they would go for "that didn't happen" instead of "that was because of economic factors which are outside of anyone's control"

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

you can get at the episodes for one dollar a month, though you won’t get an RSS feed so you’ll have to download them manually or listen in the patreon app.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

they should have a cardboard tank and a guy with a shoulder-fired anti-anti-tank missle, imo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I bet he broke down and cried about it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

if he works at wapo can't he just drink ~foreign policy truths~ straight from the spigot?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

he seemed to know the direct subject matter (special forces psychos and their crimes*) pretty well but he also said "moderate rebels" completely unironically.

*e: crimes at ft. hood not crimes on deployment

Clark Nova has issued a correction as of 00:13 on Feb 9, 2023

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

who is complaining about Annibale? I'll cut them

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dolan would get attacked by the frozen octopus

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I spent several seconds trying to decide whether q-anon was more or less respectable than the falun gong before concluding it was a wash

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

re: taibbi and idpol - him getting incredibly worked up about dumb "campus free speech" poo poo a couple of years ago was probably the first sign that this would be where he ended up

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

wolfs posted:

Wait, they had an episode on Naipaul? The Trinidadian guy? What #?

also how often are newsletters i signed up to the patreon a few months ago and only got one email - with the podcast rss link

I think they might have to do something manually to add you to the list so reach out to them through patreon if you're not getting them

but first check your spam folder because gmail really, really seems to hate the newsletters

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

also covered in an early RWN episode, looks like #26

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I apparently listened to #100 at some point and don't remember a thing about it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

looks like all the links in the newsletters go to a patreon URL which then redirects you to the intended site. The URL is just a hash so you can't easily scrape out the redirect. Given how long the hash is I presume it's a unique identifier for each recipient, and if you're subscribed to this then patreon has your real name and billing info to match up with the links you click :tinfoil: