Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I listened to probably about 50 hours of Radio War Nerd on my vacation last month, and listening to the landlady debacle... holy poo poo.

I started from December 2016 and have selectively gone back for a few highlights (like the sci-fi episode).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's nothing weird about a 60 year old guy who adores a mainland Asian guy a third/half his age.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sorry that love between men makes you so uncomfortable.

I'm not uptight, you're uptight, etc etc.

I've been going through the backlog, and it's almost eerie how evergreen most of the episodes are. Mark called out the paranoia about Russia the millisecond it happened which puts his clear exhaustion on the topic in more recent episodes into perspective.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
yeah he was fairly explicit about mentioning who wants regime change and why. if he is as pro regime change as you say he is, i didn't hear much about that in the episode.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If none of you are going to do it, I guess I can pick up the slack.

Dear Mark and John,

His name is Claw because when Capcom broug

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
sorry but jezebel wrote an article that said that even if they're fake they're still bad and only exist to advance ames' and taibbi's careers

imagine a contextless vacuum of a void where friction and any colors inbetween black and white don't exist;

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Did the RSS feed break for anyone else?

e: mark fixed it :3

Phone has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Feb 26, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the documentary is only available through directtv

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

As for Brace - I knew him, and he was a nice guy and very funny but never fought. He was just their to boost his twitter fame, I guess.

shots fired

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
in which way? like the tragedy of the entire situation and/or the description on how starving your enemy plays out?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If you send them a note on the Patreon for a copy of the last newsletter, they'll send it to you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Recorded May 29, 2018

Every. Single. Time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Aldo Moro was born on 23 Sept 1916... I haven't listened to the episode yet, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Annibale isn't 101 years old.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
brown moses go on chapo war nerd

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao strong start

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i think that their analysis was pretty solid in the last ep. pointing out his connections and that Qatar backs wapo , etc.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you can't convince me that this isn't a simulation at this point

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the project to get matt christman to play ck2/eu4 has failed

the project to get john dolan to play eu4/hoi4 has begun

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it is on brand though for people to view everything through a 21st century lens though and say ridiculous poo poo like "macbeth is incredibly unwoke if you think about it"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dilkington posted:

I change my mind: I promise I will listen to The War Nerd when the combined ages of the exile guys reaches 200 years. Taibbi, Ames, Dolan: two centuries. I've got to assume it will be soon.

ok cool, gently caress off

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
R E G I M E C H A N G E

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Supporting Maduro seems to be the point of many people including the point of he guy you linked. Much of the discourse is totally aimed at delegitimizing and smearing any opposition to the current regime. Guaido is not a Manchurian candidate carefully inserted into the Venezuelan legislature by the US years ago. He is the legitimate leading representative of the last legislative body to be, relatively, freely elected (Maduro tried to rig the election but seriously underestimated the amount of rigging necessary).

The success of the opposition in that election is what led to the final breakdown of the constitutional order in Venezuela. Maduro never recognized his loss in that election and has since neutered the body by packing the supreme court before the new representatives were sworn in and then setting up a parallel legislative assembly, a single party body with candidate lists for the election controlled by the PSUV.

If he is not a legitimate channel for opposition to the regime then who is? All that is left is a military putsch, which would not lead to any significant change in the country since the top military officials are all happily part of the regime and the looting or a civil war and guerilla campaign which is likely to last decades going by any of the other examples in the region.

All that aside, cheerleading of Abrams and Bolton in the media should be called out as well as any whitewashing or their or the US' action in South America. We all need to keep a close eye on statements from the White House and protest any hare brained schemes and interventions coming from the President or any of his bugfuck crazy advisors.

[edit] Looking at what the Twitter guy has pinned there is indeed a non-zero chance you think Guiado is a deep cover US Manchurian candidate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

:thejoke:

his follow up in the thread is a real head scratcher, tho

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the resentment (if it exists) goes both ways and would be justifiable

ames feeling of being betrayed and/or jealous of taibbi’s meteoric rise to Respectable Journalist after the exile days

taibbi having the albatross of the reality of the exile’s existence every 2 years as credulous morons ask if it’s true that bob saget matt taibbi raped and killed a girl in 1990; it effectively killed the tarfu report

that’s totally speculation without anything concrete to back it up, but they’re obviously not nearly as close as they once were even if the animosity might not be there

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
why is he getting dogpiled exactly? not being 110% in the tank for the reported uyghur narrative?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nothus posted:

He reads like someone who either works in the foreign policy blob or thinks that relentlessly stanning for US interests online will get them a job in DC.

His twitter bio links to his wife who’s an AP journalist, I’m not going to speculate on that; however, given the very near and dear to our hearts arc of effortposter to atlantic council clearinghouse mouthpiece, I’m skeptical.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/1110220516688826368?s=21

~~~~ tHiNk PrOgReSs ~~~~

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i think i saw that tweet, the one where someone was saying “maybe ICE would be interested in paying zha a visit”

scratch a liberal...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
wasn’t the second season of serial about him, too?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, he's a huge dumbass and there was a naive and immature logic for what he was trying to do; however, the whole HE'S A TRAITOR ASDKFLJAL;KJ23LGJALVJ3W4F stuff remains to be gross.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao human rights watch calling the houthi attack "an apparent war crime"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

StashAugustine posted:

I'm a bit behind on the news, what was the US evidence other than "please let us kill some more Muslims"

a certain former moderator wrote about it in the new york times if you want to know what really happened: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846193&pagenumber=126&perpage=40#post495934202

bonus from the comments:

quote:

Andy
Salt Lake City, UtahJune 14
Times Pick
Actually, I haven't seen anything that convinces me the Iranians are there at all. The linked article references Ashoura-class and Zolfaqar-class speedboats. There's no mention of a Gashti-class or model. The only image resembling the boat pictured is linked to a dead video stream. Perhaps Gashti is a sub-type of Ashoura? We have no idea.

Either way, both patrol boats aren't exactly maritime archetypes. They're pretty generic speedboat designs adapted in specifically Iranian ways. If you can manufacture any fiberglass powerboat, you can probably knock together something that looks like the boat in the picture.

Assuming all the Iranian speedboats are even accounted for. I don't see any VIN markings on the allegedly Iranian vessel either. The US equivalent: Are we talking about the USS Cole or the USS McCain? That should be a pretty easy question to answer. Especially when you have image enough to spot a supposed limpet mine.

That's assuming the images are real at all. The special effects crew from "Enemy of the State" put together better work back in 1998.

Nope. Not buying it. I'm just as convinced US or Saudi impostors were trying to remove a mine they knew would reveal their espionage. There's absolutely no reason right now to believe one account anymore than the other. Actually, based on recent events, you can discount US and Saudi credibility quite substantially.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Radio War Nerd EP #187 — Climate Change & Wars, with Christian Parenti

Guest: Christian Parenti, author, journalist, academic

Recorded: June 25, 2019

With one of India's largest cities running out of water & record heatwaves torching Europe, the War Nerd talks to Christian Parenti about climate change and wars, and his remarkable book "Tropic of Chaos: Climate Change and the New Geography of Violence".

:stare:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
same week (or after?) that there was an inquiry officially about the same subject, too?

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/house-orders-pentagon-report-whether-weaponized-ticks

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the podcast url gets sent out in the newsletters

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

coathat posted:

I love when RSS feeds don’t work

check your email dumbass

Phone
Jul 30, 2005