Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

nickmeister posted:

This was from a couple episodes ago, but why did the smarty glasses officer guy have a sweat drop on his face when talking about the plan to blow up the enemy? Did I miss the part where he's a pacifist of a spy or something?

Because Tanya consistently describes victory in terms of total annihilation of the enemy and he's from a military tradition that is only just barely coming around to the modern conception of warfare. Plus she just constantly sounds really happy and enthusiastic about killing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Being concerned about Tanya's sociopathic tendencies is not a "misunderstanding" lol

she'd turn on any of her soldiers in a heartbeat if they stopped being useful tools, and wouldn't feel the slightest remorse over it either, which is exactly what got her killed in her previous incarnation

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

it's possible that Being X hit on a good idea, and her experiences in this life are having a positive effect on her, but there's still plenty of evidence to her worse side

it's also possible that's she's just utterly self-interested and pragmatic, rather than or at least before being a sadist, and commissaring the guy wouldn't have actually advanced her in any way

• Locked thread